The Master’s track in New Media
Design makes you an expert in creating, evaluating and researching new ways of
communication and interaction. This will help you to bring media design to a next level in order to stand out in a crowded media landscape.
Today’s easy access to
different media and the wide variety of modalities ask for new communication
approaches. In the Master's track New Media Design you will learn to develop, analyze and evaluate content and
interaction in different digital genres and applications like serious games or
A solid introduction to theories on human media interaction, design
processes, and creativity provides you the basis to study the latest
developments in the world of communication and interactive technology.
The research skills you gain enable you to become an effective designer and at the same time
evaluate the academic and functional merits of your work.
As a new media specialist you know how to create innovative content and
interaction designs that meet user’s needs. With the academic perspective and skills you develop in this program you will be able to stand out and bring media design to a next level.
Why the Master's track New Media Design in Tilburg?
Become an academic expert in content and interaction design
- Study the human factor in new media design
- Investigate interaction in different modalities
- Learn to integrate and visualize big online data sources in your design
- Find out how you can create stories that people share
Develop practical, creative and entrepreneurial skills
- Connect theory with practice in case-based projects
- Learn to generate new ideas and also to create value with them
And make the difference between good and great design
- Apply and improve methods to evaluate the success of your design
- Learn how to align your design with user needs
The Master's track New Media Design in short
Check the admission requirements and application procedure
Online content manager; Creative content designer;
User experience or interaction designer;
Web, app or game developer; Social media
entrepreneur; Professional vlogger/blogger
More about the career prospects
All tracks of the Master's program in Communication and Information Sciences
- Communication and Information Sciences
* new track that will be available as of August 2017