Career prospects New Media Design
Upon completing the New Media Design master track you will be an expert in the field of content and interaction design for new media. You will have the communicative skills to share your ideas at different levels and to support or advise companies and governmental organizations.
Knowledge and skills
- With a specialization in New Media Design you know all the latest developments in new media and you know what added value new media can have in all kinds of domains: in the workplace, in education, healthcare, leisure, entertainment and daily life.
- You have critical insight in design processes and you know how to design these processes, taking user behavior and needs into account.
- You also know which factors are crucial in interaction design and in the presentation of various types of content related to intended goals.
- You are able to test the usability and user experience of a design, to interpret research data and to propose improvements based on your interpretation.
Equipped with this knowledge and skills, you are fully prepared to manage design processes, develop prototypes, design and evaluate processes, and advise clients on process or design improvements.
Additionally, you are able to bridge the gap between designers, programmers and the intended users.
Recent placements include:
User experience / interaction designer
(Creative) Content designer
New media consultant / advisor
UX design researcher
Digital innovation consultant
Concept designer / developer
- 88% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Average time between graduation and first paid job is 3.12 months
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation is € 2,492
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=51 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
Become a teacher
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? If you are a Dutch graduate, you have the possibility to follow a one-year educational post-master to become a Dutch language teacher after finishing your Master’s program in Communication & Information Sciences.
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the New Media Design track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application