Program and courses New Media Design
Develop into an expert in the field of content and interaction design in relation to new media. Connect theory with practice in case-based projects and gain practical skills such as: interaction design, visualization and creativity.
This one-year track of MSc Communication and Information Sciences consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 4 core courses (24 ECTS)
- 2 research skills modules (12 ECTS)
- 2 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
You can start at the end of August or at the end of January.
Master’s thesis / Internship
Programs are subject to change, so we advise our students to check their exact program in the education catalog at the official start of the academic year.
Short overview of New Media Design
Become an expert in online content strategy, production, and design and learn how to measure their effects and effectiveness.
- Learn how people will assess what information is relevant and trustworthy, and how to design and evaluate new media content to have the desired effects on the receiver's attitudes and behaviors.
- Learn methods to investigate which factors increase the impact of new media.
Gain creative skills and skills in visualization, and learn how to create prototypes that you can test among users.
Apply theories and methods to issues such as:
- How can new media be used and designed to stimulate healthy behavior?
- With which data visualization techniques can you give consumers feedback on the effects of their behavior when you want to strengthen their awareness on environment?
- How can games and 'gamification' support the learning process in education?
- How can new media contribute to reducing loneliness among the elderly?
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the New Media Design track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application