Organizations face fast changing, turbulent environments. This Master’s program prepares you as an organizational analyst to develop and change organizations based on evidence-based interventions. In your prospective role as manager, consultant, project manager or other roles it will enable you to understand and deal with a wide variety of issues faced by contemporary organizations and to help companies and governments respond adequately. The program builds on an interdisciplinary social science perspective by drawing on insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n = 57
US News Best Global Universities, 2020
Keuzegids Masters 2017, 2016, 2015
Program and courses
The combination of insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior makes this program unique in the Netherlands and Europe. Learn how to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes.
- Practical teamwork is a key part of the program: frequent group assignments in real-life settings, as well as through the acquisition of knowledge on team processes.
- Small-scale, interactive education provided by leading scientists and experts in their field. You will also get support and feedback from a small group of fellow students while writing your thesis in so-called Thesis Circles.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills doing an Extended Master. This advanced program adds a one-year professional traineeship to the regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. During the first semester, you will follow the same courses as the regular Master's program.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization considers the role of organizations in addressing global social challenges.
Typical courses are:
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Evidence Based Intervention
- Organizational Dynamics
- Interorganizational Relationships
Ask us your questions
Judith GroenewoudMaster's student
"The program is challenging and demanding but in the end it is definitely worth it. You develop a strong knowledge base on organizational change and dynamics. And you will be able to apply this knowledge in practical settings via group assignments conducted in existing organizations. Overall, you are well prepared for your future career."
Milou van den WildenbergExtended Master's student
"The combination of the internship program and the deeper insights into organizational dynamics and complexities were perfect to me. The Master’s courses provide a great theoretical foundation for the practical experiences gained during the internship."
Evelien KuijperExtended Master’s student
"The courses of the program really link theory with practice by making use of cases, reports and presentation assignments. This helped me to prepare for my junior traineeship at Philips in the second part of the Master's program."
As a Master of Science in Organization Studies you will be prepared for management and internal and external consultancy positions in the public and private sector, as well as for research careers. There are excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions as an organizational analyst, management consultant, policy advisor and project manager.
Graduates are mostly employed at organizations such as Philips, Rabobank, ASML, Deloitte, Ahold, Achmea, Capgemini Consulting, PostNL, KPN, Hospitals, Ministries, and Universities.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Project leader and policy manager at St. Anna Hospital
- Changemanager / Management Consultant at BluPoint
- Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Research Analyst at Interpolis
- Project Manager Rabobank Nederland
- Average number of months until first paid job is 3.5
- 81% of our alumni does find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Employer requires a Master of Science degree: 40%
- Gross monthly income, one year after graduation: € 2,656
- Would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university: 79%
Will recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 75%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n = 31
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
A one-year (60 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program is available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Organization Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application