Learn how to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-based solutions, communicate these effectively with relevant stakeholders, and manage the implementation processes. The program builds on an interdisciplinary social science perspective by drawing on insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior. The central theme in the program is complexity and dynamics.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the corona situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=9
US News Best Global Universities, 2021
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=7
Program and courses
Learn how to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes.
- The combination of insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior makes this program unique in the Netherlands and Europe.
- Practical teamwork is a key part of the program: frequent group assignments in real-life settings, as well as through the acquisition of knowledge on team processes.
- Small-scale, interactive education provided by leading scientists and experts in their field.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills by doing an Extended Master's Program. This advanced program adds a one-year professional traineeship to the regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. During the first semester, you will follow the same courses as the regular Master's program.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization considers the role of organizations in addressing global social challenges.
- By using serious gaming throughout the program, you translate learned theories into practical experience.
Typical courses are:
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Evidence Based Intervention
- Organizational Dynamics
- Interorganizational Relationships
Judith GroenewoudMaster's student
"The program is challenging and demanding but in the end it is definitely worth it. You develop a strong knowledge base on organizational change and dynamics. And you will be able to apply this knowledge in practical settings via group assignments conducted in existing organizations."
Zico MartinProduct Manager at VRS Railway Industry BV
"I am currently responsible for product management at a company that, among other things, makes signals and level crossings for the railways. Project management is a large part of my work. I meet with my team about costs, deadlines and progress. We look at risks and mitigating measures."
Milou van den WildenbergExtended Master's Program student
"The traineeship is a great addition to the courses. I developed deeper insights into organizational dynamics and complexity through the courses. You gain practical experience during the traineeship, which helps to better understand the theory."
As a Master in Organization Science, you are trained to become an organizational analyst who is capable of critically identifying and analyzing organizational problems, able to develop evidence-based interventions that guide adaptation processes in organizations.
Graduates are most recently employed at positions such as project management, consultant, researcher, analyst, or trainee.
Top 5 sectors where alumni work:
- Management Consultancy
- Finances and Insurances
- Information Technology and Services
- 100% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Employer requires a Master of Science degree: 50%
- Gross monthly income, one year after graduation: € 2,702,-
Would (definitely) recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 89%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n = 9
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
A one-year (60 ECTS) pre-Master’s program is available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:33 - 16:00
Master Experience Days TSB
The Master Experience Days (MED) is a study- and career-orientation event for for all students looking for a Master's program of the Tilburg School for Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB).
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Organization Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application