Learn how to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-based solutions, communicate these effectively with relevant stakeholders, and manage the implementation processes. The program builds on an interdisciplinary social science perspective by drawing on insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior. The central theme in the program is complexity and dynamics.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=18
US News Best Global Universities, 2022
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=18
Program and courses
Learn how to develop and change organizations with evidence-based interventions. You learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes.
- The combination of insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior makes this program unique in the Netherlands and Europe
- During this program you will get small-scale, interactive education taught by leading scientists in the field. Apart from practical teamwork with frequent group assignments, you will also learn through serious gaming.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills by doing an Extended Master's Program. This advanced program adds a one-year professional traineeship to the regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. During the first semester, you will follow the same courses as the regular Master's program.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization considers the role of organizations in addressing global social challenges.
Typical courses are:
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Evidence-Based Intervention
- Complexity within Organizations
- Societal Developments and Institutions
- Organizational Dynamics
- Interorganizational Relationships
Judith GroenewoudMaster's student
"The program is challenging and demanding but in the end it is definitely worth it. You develop a strong knowledge base on organizational change and dynamics. And you will be able to apply this knowledge in practical settings via group assignments conducted in existing organizations."
Joris MostertMaster’s student
"The courses challenge you to get familiar with theories regarding organizational dynamics. A link is made with practice, and prepares you well for your career after the Master’s program."
Janneke PladetExtended Master's Program student
"During my traineeship I was able to apply the theory in practice. Through ‘serious games’, we learned to think creatively and come up with new ideas. Very challenging!"
With this Master's program, you become an organizational analyst, able to understand problems faced by organizations and to help companies and governments respond to fast changing environments. As a graduate, you understand how organizations are structured and developed, and you are able to analyze and deal with problems in organizations, which is vital in an ever-changing society.
You are prepared for management, consultancy and project management positions in the public and private sector, as well as for a career in research. Graduates are most recently employed at positions such as project management, consultant, researcher, analyst, or trainee.
Top 5 sectors where alumni work:
- Management Consultancy
- Finances and Insurances
- Information Technology and Services
- 77% of our alumni find a job within 3 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income, one year after graduation: € 2,931,-
Would (definitely) recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 72%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 18
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
A one-year (60 ECTS) pre-Master’s program is available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
09:15 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Organization Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application