People Management for Global Social Challenges
Address global societal challenges such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions and focus on the drivers of sustainable development from the viewpoint of workforce and labor market. In this track of the MSc Human Resource Studies you will get a micro-level perspective on sustainable development, based on the theories and methods pertinent to the specialization Global Management of Social Issues.
Program and courses
Become an expert in sustainable development within an international context by addressing global societal challenges, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster. The core theme is sustainable development with a focus on social and economic motives.
- A different perspective on sustainable development: the People Management for Global Social Challenges track addresses global societal challenges from the point of view of workforce and labor market.
- Learn how to run projects and compose teams of experts that work on such 'wicked problems'.
- Community-building activities throughout the program will ensure cohesion in the programs cohort. Become part of an innovative program which brings together academics and students from all over the world in a small-scale and interactive learning environment.
Typical courses are:
- Social Changes and Sustainable Development
- Hybrid Organizations
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational Change
- HRM, Work-design and Technology
Become prepared to lead and participate in change- and innovation-oriented projects aiming to tackle societal challenges. In this program you will learn to combine multi-disciplinary disciplines to address complex societal challenges from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective.
With this knowledge, you can think beyond country borders and the limits of one area of expertise. These skills are in great demand within companies, organizations and projects operating in international environments
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Consultant or human resource manager in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex problems.
- Fundraiser finding solutions for poverty, or helping with introducing sustainable practices in supply chains.
- Project manager making projects run smoothly to produce the best possible results.
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s degree in Global Management of Social Issues, Sociology, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, or Social Sciences.
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (hbo).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the People Management for Global Social Challenges MSc track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application