Politics, Policy and Societal Development
Address global societal challenges such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions from a societal, policy and political perspective. In this track of the MSc Sociology you will get a macro-level perspective on sustainable development and you will understand the triggers of it, based on the theories and methods pertinent to the specialization Global Management of Social Issues.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
Program and courses
Become an expert in sustainable development within an international context by addressing global societal challenges, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster. The core theme is sustainable development with a focus on social and economic motives.
- A different perspective on sustainable development: the Politics, Policy and Societal Development track address global societal issues from a societal, policy and political perspective.
- Learn how to run projects and compose teams of experts that work on such 'wicked problems'.
- Community-building activities throughout the program will ensure cohesion in the programs cohort. Become part of an innovative program which brings together academics and students from all over the world in a small-scale and interactive learning environment.
Typical courses are:
- Social Changes and Sustainable Development
- Social Policy and Social Risks
- Politics and Society in Comparative Perspective
Become prepared to lead and participate in change- and innovation-oriented projects aiming to tackle societal challenges. In this program you’ll learn to combine multi-disciplinary disciplines to address complex societal challenges from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective.
With this knowledge, you can think beyond country borders and the limits of one area of expertise. These skills are in great demand within companies, organizations and projects operating in international environments.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Consultant in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex problems.
- Fundraiser finding solutions for poverty, or helping with introducing sustainable practices in supply chains.
- Project manager making projects run smoothly to produce the best possible results.
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
A bachelor’s degree in Global Management of Social Issues, Sociology, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, or Social Sciences.
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (hbo).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
In accordance with the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), all on-campus events until September 1 will not take place. To help you choose your Master’s program as best as we can, you can replay the sessions of our Online Master's Open day and participate in an online Q&A session for the program(s) you are interested in.
Interested in the Politics, Policy and Societal Development MSc track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related master’s programs
- Health, Wellbeing and Society track
- Human Resource Studies
- Organization Studies
- Organizing for Global Social Challenges track
- People Management for Global Social Challenges track
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Sociology and Social Research (Double degree with University of Trento, Italy)
- Sociology and Population Studies (Double degree with UPF Barcelona, Spain)
- Sociology: Bamberg – Tilburg (Double degree with Bamberg University, Germany)