Pre-Master's programs (after Dutch HBO)
Did you just finish your Dutch HBO and do you want to extend your practical knowledge with a Master's degree from a Research University? Or don't you have the right Research University Bachelor's degree for the Master's program you are interested in? Tilburg University offers a large number of Pre-Master's programs to bridge the knowledge gaps with specific Master's programs. That way you can often get the Master's degree you want within 1.5-2 years.
How does it work?
- On the Master's overview page you can filter the Master's programs to get a quick impression which programs have a Pre-Master's program available for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO) and/or Research University students that are not directly eligible to enroll.
- Next, you can check the relevant application and admission pages to get an indication if you are eligible to enroll with your specific Dutch HBO or Research University Bachelor's degree.
- If you enroll and you are admitted to the Pre-Master's program, you will first need to finish the Pre-Master's program. Most Pre-Master's programs will take half a year or one year to complete (30-60 ECTS).
- After finishing the Pre-Master's program, you are directly eligible for the Master's program. Most regular Master's programs will take one year to complete (60 ECTS).
Find relevant Pre-Master's programs
More information about the Dutch higher education system
There are a number of differences to consider when you have a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences (HBO) and are considering to extend your practical knowledge with a Master's degree from a Research University.
For international students we have prepared a page with more information about these differences and higher education in the Netherlands.
Download a personalized brochure, with information on:
- Program content and admission requirements
- Housing, immigration matters, student life in Tilburg
- An impression of the career prospects