MSc Public Governance
Combine governance, economic and legal principles to become an elite strategical force in public administration, both in the Netherlands and abroad. Learn to tackle multi-level governance issues that no longer fit within borders and disciplines, such as unemployment, fiscal fraud, and a refugee crisis against the background of ongoing economic and financial instability.
National Student Survey Tilburg Law School, 2016 | n=180.
SSRN ranking International Law Schools, 2017
National Alumni Survey Tilburg Law School, 2016 | n=165
Program and courses
- Put theory into practice. Tackle complex and wicked problems in the areas of governance and public administration using both quantitative and qualitative methods during the Governance Clinic.
- No boundaries. An international governance perspective ensures you learn from best practices in other countries – valuable skills later on in your career.
- Networking is key. Learn to co-create innovative governance solutions with experts in the field and important stakeholders like citizens, non-state actors, and businesses.
Typical courses are:
- Governance and Law
- Good Governance
- Public Entrepreneurship
- Public Strategy
As a Master of Science in Public Governance, you are well equipped to analyze complex problems in the public sector from economic, judicial, political, and institutional perspectives, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
These skills make you eligible for a broad range of professions in the public sector, such as management, strategic consultancy, or policy research.
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 59%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.266,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 163
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree:
- in Public Governance
- in Public Administration
- in Economics
- in Sociology
- in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- with basic knowledge of policy, politics, and governance
In September 2018 the Public Governance program will start an English taught Pre-Master's program for (international) students from universities of applied sciences and research universities.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
In a few easy steps you can create your own customized brochure with information on the program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the MSc Public Governance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application