Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
Apply and develop advanced new mathematical or statistical tools to tackle a wide range of financial and actuarial challenges, ranging from price setting to risk management and policy advice.
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=23 (average of our three econometrics masters)
US News Best Global Universities, 2020
Program and courses
Become a highly qualified specialist in the area of quantitative finance and insurance, a field which uses a large array of sophisticated mathematical and statistical models for various applications concerning risk management in financial institutions.
- Being fully trained in generic methods for responsible risk management in the financial and insurance sector, gives you a competitive advantage on the job market.
- Customize your program with many electives.
- Ideal stepstone to become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you can obtain several exemptions in the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered by the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a half year traineeship to your regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Valuation and Risk Management
- Asset Liability Management
- Empirical Finance
- Risk and Regulation
The career prospects for students of this program are excellent. Alumni of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science work, for example, as risk management consultants, actuaries, and investment analysts at banks, insurance companies, pension funds, consulting agencies, trading firms, and government bodies.
You can also become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you are eligible to apply for the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Quantitative Risk Consultant at RiskQuest
- Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Actuary at ASR
- Senior Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3,363
- 97% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career.
- 93% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends and colleagues.
- 97% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 (based on an average of our three econometrics master's programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=23
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and Operations Research or a similar discipline from a university recognized by the Admissions Board.
International students, please check all information about the tuition fees.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
ALTERNATIVES BEING CONSIDERED This event will not take place on the campus. At the moment, online options are being explored | The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday April 18, 2020. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
15:00 - 19:00
Open Door Day Data Science and Entrepreneurship
ALTERNATIVES BEING CONSIDERED Determine wether or not our Master's program in Data Science and Entrepreneurship matches your current and future ambitions by learning more about the Master's program, the Pre-Master's program, your eligibility, what's it like to be a JADS student, and the Mariënburg Data Science Campus in 's-Hertogenbosch.
Interested in the MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application