Career prospects Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
As a graduate of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, you have excellent career perspectives. Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, pension funds and governments nowadays are using a large array of advanced models for various business tasks, ranging from price setting to risk management and policy advice. In order to remain competitive, these institutions need a continuous inflow of highly qualified specialists. Some of our students choose to follow a prestigious PhD program.
Recent placements include:
- Analyst at companies such as Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Accenture AEGON
- (Junior) Consultant at companies such as ORTEC Finance, PwC & ABN AMRO
- (Junior) Risk Manager at KMPG & Nationale Nederlanden
- (Junior) Actuary at ING & ASR
- Senior Strategic Asset Allocation Analyst at Bank of Lithuania
- Insurance Risk Trainee at Delta Lloyd
- Advisor European Actuarial Services at Ernst & Young (EY)
- Analyst Mergers & Acquisitions at Rabobank Nederland
- Portfolio Manager at SNS Reaal
- Fixed Income and Derivatives Portfolio Manager at Syntrus Achmea
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €4,157
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 89% to a (very) large extent
- 91% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=21
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application