Career prospects Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
As a graduate of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, you have excellent career perspectives. Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, pension funds and governments nowadays are using a large array of advanced models for various business tasks, ranging from price setting to risk management and policy advice. In order to remain competitive, these institutions need a continuous inflow of highly qualified specialists. Some of our students choose to follow a prestigious PhD program.
Recent placements include:
- Analyst at companies such as Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, Accenture AEGON
- (Junior) Consultant at companies such as ORTEC Finance, PwC & ABN AMRO
- (Junior) Risk Manager at KMPG & Nationale Nederlanden
- (Junior) Actuary at ING & ASR
- Senior Strategic Asset Allocation Analyst at Bank of Lithuania
- Insurance Risk Trainee at Delta Lloyd
- Advisor European Actuarial Services at Ernst & Young (EY)
- Analyst Mergers & Acquisitions at Rabobank Nederland
- Portfolio Manager at SNS Reaal
- Fixed Income and Derivatives Portfolio Manager at Syntrus Achmea
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €2,923
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 84% to a (very) large extent
- 94% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends and colleagues.
- 95% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=18
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Extend your master
Become a fully qualified actuary
Interested in the MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application