Graduate Students' Society
The Graduate Students' Society (GSS) consists of and represents over 160 CentER graduate students from both the Business and Economics programs. Our main goal is to support you in your professional development while enabling you to enjoy your time at Tilburg University.
The GSS is active in three main areas:
- Organizing social events and sporting activities
- Planning professional events and promoting communication among graduate students
- Voicing your concerns on matters and issues
Every year, the GSS elects graduate students to the GSS Board which serves as a hub for all three areas. However, every graduate student is invited and encouraged to contribute ideas or support.
Promoting social life means helping you feel at home, meet other graduate students, and make new friends. Consequently, the GSS organizes social events and sporting activities for all graduate students.
Recent events include:
GSS Welcome Week
Drinks on 3rd Friday of each month
Hart van Brabant Race
Trips to touristic highlights, such as Keukenhof and Efteling
More on our events
For more on our events visit our Google event calendar.
The GSS plans professional events and promotes communication among graduate students to increase the likelihood of a successful academic and professional career.
- A key professional event is the GSS weekly seminar series (every Thursday) where graduate students have the opportunity to present and discuss their research with other students and professors.
- The GSS also promotes the organization of workshops to teach valuable academic skills. Two recent examples of such workshops are an introduction to LaTeX and Python.
- Chairman | Joris Berns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer | Suraj Upadhyay – email@example.com
- Social Events Organizer | Ana Dias Mendes Correia Moura - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Events Organizer | Lucas Avezum - email@example.com
- Seminar Organizer | Daniel Kárpáti - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminar Organizer | Luara Capera Romero – email@example.com
- IT & Social Media | Zihao Liu - firstname.lastname@example.org
Within Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM), the GSS also represents graduate students by voicing your concerns on matters ranging from department policies to university-wide issues.
- Part of the GSS board consists of a team of representatives for the various academic disciplines at TiSEM, who regularly meet with the directors of graduate studies and education coordinators to discuss student concerns.
- Representation also includes talks with the faculty and university managementabout school and university-wide issues.
- Econ - RM 1st year | vacant
- Econ - RM 2nd year | Hazal Sezer - email@example.com
- Econ - RM 2nd year | Floris Hendriks - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Econ - PhDs | Michela Bonani - email@example.com
- Econ - PhDs | Santiago Bohorquez Correa - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting | Martin Kapons - email@example.com
- Finance | Zihao Liu - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management | Stephanie Koorneef - email@example.com
- Marketing | Merve Yercan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations Research | Aras Selvi - email@example.com