Program and courses Research Master in Business: Finance track
The Finance track of the Research Master in Business provides two years of graduate level coursework and research training, to optimally prepare you for a PhD.
A detailed program setup and course description of each course can be found in Osiris.
To retrieve the course list, please go to Osiris and select the following search options:
Faculty - Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Degree programme - M Research Master in Business
Exam type - No preference
Study programme - M Research Master in Business: Finance
Specialization - No input required
Starting year - The most current one available
Short overview of the Finance track of the Research Master in Business
Two years of graduate level coursework and research training, to optimally prepare you for a PhD in Finance:
- First year: training in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics to get a strong foundation in economic and econometric theory and methods.
- Second year: profoundly explore core finance research areas: asset pricing, corporate finance, and banking. Choose some elective courses from other business and economics areas.
- PhD: spend the next three years completing a dissertation under the supervision of two faculty members.
Access to the best support our school has to offer
- Intense collaboration with leading experts. Faculty/student interaction is among the highest among competing programs. Mentored by one faculty member per quarter, you are encouraged to approach any member of faculty to discuss ideas or to ask for advice.
- Co-author papers with your supervisors and write at least one single-authored paper under your supervisor’s guidance. This will be your job market paper.
- Seminar series hosts over 30 leading scholars from the US and Europe each year, exposing you to cutting-edge research in all areas of Finance. A weekly brown- bag lunch seminar allows you to discuss your work in progress with faculty members.
- Highly international environment. Fellow students and leading experts come from various countries, and have different interests and backgrounds.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the Research Master in Business?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application