Program and courses Research Master in Linguistics and Communication Sciences
Become a research expert in cognition, linguistics and communication. Focus on language as it is actually used and explore cognition, linguistics and communication as an integrated whole. Communication in face-to-face and multi-modal interactions at work is a central theme.
This two-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS):
- 9 core courses (48 ECTS)
- 4 research skills courses (12 ECTS )
- 5 elective courses (30 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
You can start either at the end of August or at the end of January.
Choose 5 elective courses (30 ECTS in total) within a chosen specialization in your area of interest at either Tilburg or Nijmegen. You may combine courses offered in Tilburg with courses offered in Nijmegen. You are also allowed to combine courses from different domains.
At Tilburg University we offer courses in the following domains:
Cognition and Communication
Business Communication and Persuasion
Digital Media and Communication
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in Osiris Student at the start of the year.
Short overview of the Research Master in Linguistics and Communication
You will integrate in one of the research groups in Tilburg or Nijmegen, specializing in your area of interest.
- Profit from the expertise and research facilities of two universities.
Tilburg University and Radboud University Nijmegen combine expertise on Psycholinguistics, Sociolinguistics, Language Acquisition, Language Technology, Business Communication, Communication and Cognition, Communication and Persuasion, and Communication and Digital Media.
- Excellent guidance by scientific tutors at the beginning of the program.
They advise you on how to arrange your individual desired training program and the research facilities you need.
- Access to many different research labs, both in Tilburg (the labs of the Tilburg Institute for Cognition and Communication and the New Media Design Lab) as well as in Nijmegen (for instance the internationally renowned Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour).
- For Research Master's students Linguistics and Communication of Tilburg University's Graduate School of Humanities & Digital Sciences, there is a facilities budget available for international conference visits, research projects or to cover traveling costs on the basis of declarations and educational costs to a maximum of €500.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MA Research Master in Linguistics and Communication Sciences?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application