Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
Become a research expert in the area of individual differences and assessment, such as personality, character, and temperament. And study how such differences affect people's lives in the domains of work and health. The Research Master is an excellent preparation for a PhD or a career in applied research, for example, in the domains of human resources, health policy, or management.
Research Center "Education and Labor Market"
Dutch government (Peaks in Sight, p.9)
Times Higher Education Subject Ranking, 2019
Program and courses
Acquire profound knowledge about the biological correlates and development of individual differences, and how these differences affect people's lives in the domains of work and health. Become an expert in an academic discipline with great societal relevance and impact (e.g., human resource management, health promotion). Enrich your methodological toolbox with powerful and sophisticated statistical and programming skills.
- Put your knowledge into practice during traineeships, at home or abroad, writing two academic papers as part of the curriculum.
- Become optimally prepared for further studies or job opportunities in science after graduation, such as PhD student or applied researcher.
Typical courses are:
- Theoretical Models of Individual Differences
- Dynamics of Individual Differences
- Biological and Physiological Correlates of Individual Differences
- Psychometrics: Measurement of Individual Differences
Ask us your questions
Annabelle ChristiaensMaster's student
"During this Research Master's program I gained interdisciplinary information which provided me with new perspectives on my topic of interest. Moreover, due to the enthusiasm of the professors and the support of my fellow students I gained opportunities that I did not believe possible before I started out."
Evy KuijpersMaster's student
"Professors truly value the input of students and acknowledge you as independent researcher. There are numerous professors involved from different departments, so you can definitely state this as a unique interdisciplinary program. This program gave me insight in all the different perspectives on Individual Differences and it brought me to a higher level of understanding individual differences."
Lisanne de MoorMaster's student
"To me, Individual Differences and Assessment has really been about broadening and deepening my knowledge of psychology and how to apply that knowledge into my own research. I really liked that the program offered multiple opportunities to explore our own interests within the broad field of psychology, as well as offered several opportunities to gain hands-on experience."
The Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment is an excellent preparation for a PhD or a career in applied research. Your career prospects are excellent.
- The "Education and Labor Market" Research Center follows Dutch students after they finish their education and has found that 94% of former Researcher Master students find a job within 1.5 years (source: www.kiesjestudie.nl).
- A recent report from the Dutch government found that more than half of Research Master graduates secure a job as a PhD student (source: Peaks in Sight, p. 9).
- Get a research position in applied fields, for example, as a policy researcher and advisor or human resources and management consultant.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Human Resource Studies (Bachelor or Pre-Master)
- Methodology and Statistics
- Social Sciences
The half-year (30 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program in Human Resource Studies provides access if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor’s degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Students who want to be admitted with a different educational background can follow the half-year Pre-Master’s program in Human Resource Studies.
Tuition fees and scholarships
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university.
** Excellent non-EU/EEA students will be granted a tuition fee waiver up to the EU/EEA fee.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue 'Contact or meet us' button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application