Career prospects Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
The Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment prepares you perfectly for a career in science. As a graduate of the Research Master’s program, you are fully prepared for research functions in more applied settings.
Highly socially relevant focus areas
The master focuses on the domains of work and health:
- For example, in the domain of work, researchers have discovered job crafting: the process by which the work context is adapted to the strengths and interests of the individual worker.
- In the domain of health, there is an increased realization that personalized medicine is key to cost effectiveness and patient satisfaction: this refers to using individual factors to establish which treatment is most effective for the patient.
Excellent career prospects
Alumni from the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment have excellent career prospects. They are highly desirable candidates for scientific vacancies as PhD students (if seeking a research career), of which Tilburg University has a lot to offer. They are also desirable candidates for positions as an applied researcher of individual differences in the field of personality and health, or in the field of individual differences and work. The Research Master is also an excellent preparation for students looking for an international career.
- The Research Center Education and Labor Market follows up Dutch students after they finish their education and has found that 94% of former students of researcher masters find a job within 1.5 years.
- A recent report from the Dutch government (Peaks in Sight, p. 9) found that more than half of the alumni of research masters secures a job as a PhD student.
Get a research position in applied fields, for example, as a policy researcher and advisor or human resources and management consultant.
Recent placements include:
- Junior Researcher at Nibud
- PHD Student Universität Tübingen
- Researcher & lecturer university of Southampton
- Statistical consultant Educational Testing Service, Princeton NJ
- Consultant Capgemini
After your Research Master
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application