Career prospects Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
The Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment prepares you perfectly for a career in science. As a graduate of the Research Master’s program, you are fully prepared for research functions in more applied settings.
Great social relevance and impact
During this program, you work on relevant scientific research in the domains of work and health.
- In the field of work, for example, researchers discovered job crafting: the process of adapting the work context to the strengths and interests of the individual employee.
- In the field of health, there is an increased awareness that personalized medicine is the key to cost-effectiveness and patient satisfaction: this refers to the use of individual factors to determine which treatment is most effective for the patient.
Excellent career prospects
Alumni from the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment have excellent career prospects. They are highly desirable candidates for scientific vacancies as PhD students (if you want to have a research career), of which Tilburg University has a lot to offer. They are also desirable candidates for positions as an applied researcher of individual differences in personality and health, or in the field of individual differences and work. The Research Master is also an excellent preparation for students looking for an international career or for a research position in applied fields, for example, as a policy researcher, policy advisor, human resources and management consultant, or clinical psychologist.
Of our alumni,
- 92% have a job at an academic level.
- 50% work as a PhD at a research university in the Netherlands or abroad.
- 13% work as a junior researcher at a research university in the Netherlands.
- 8% have a position at a Mental Health Institution.
- 8% work in a management position at a commercial company.
Recent placements include:
- Topclass candidate: 6-year training trajectory GZ- and Clinical Psychologist in combination with PhD trajectory at GGZ Oost Brabant
- PhD candidate at Pro Persona - ‘Sporten Versterkt’ research, The Hague
- PhD student, Tilburg University
- PhD Candidate at Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Associate consultant at Accilium - Consulting Digital Transformation, Berlin
- Management position at Grocery Stores Engrotus, Slovenia
- PhD student, Utrecht University
- PhD student, Wilhelmina Kinderziekenhuis (children’s hospital), Utrecht
- PhD Candidate at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Data Analyst at Tilburg University
- Clinical Psychologist at "Impegno", The Hague
After your Research Master
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application