Program and courses Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
The study of individual differences has great societal relevance and impact. Combine a multi-disciplinary perspective on individual differences and specialize in applied or fundamental topics of your choice (e.g., in human resource management, health promotion, and/or clinical research).
This two-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS):
- Fundamental courses (18 ECTS):
You will learn about classic and modern theoretical models of individual differences, their biological correlates, and how they develop over time.
- Applied elective (6 ECTS):
You will learn everything about implications of individual differences for the domain of health or work. If you want to learn about both, this is possible as well (via the free electives).
- Free electives (12 ECTS):
You can pick any research master course in Tilburg or beyond that complements the IDA curriculum and fits your educational needs. You can also pick two clinical courses from the Clinical Neuropsychology master necessary to strengthen your clinical qualifications.
- Methods (27 ECTS):
In these methods and statistics courses you will learn state-of-the-art methods, including statistical methods, programming, and extended assessment methods.
- Papers and scientific support (42 ECTS):
You write a First-Year-Paper based on existing data and a MA thesis based on data that you collect yourself. Very good papers and MA theses can be submitted to an international journal!
- Internal and international traineeships (15 ECTS):
You will be embedded in active research groups and experience what it is like to apply research skills in practice.
This program starts at the end of August.
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Short overview of Research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment
- No human being is like the others – become an expert on individual differences and assessment in personality, character, temperament and intelligence as well as individual differences in within-person changes across time and apply your theoretical knowledge in the domains of human resources, health policy, clinical research, or management.
- Take the opportunity to personalize your educational experience and even fulfill part of the requirements for postgraduate clinical training.
- Experience hands-on research in assessing individual differences in various contexts, experience life as a researcher during traineeships, acquire a thorough methodological and statistical education and write two scientific papers as part of the curriculum.
- Become fully prepared for further studies or job opportunities in science after graduation, such as PhD student or applied researcher.
- Make use of the possibility to apply for financial support in covering study fees for students from Non-EEA countries.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application