Research Master in Business: Tax Economics track
In the Research Master's track in Tax Economics you learn valuable knowledge in economic-based fundamental theories of taxation, behavioral theories, principles of accounting and empirical methods and their statistical foundation. Besides, the program equips you with the necessary skills to conduct top level research, such as the use of econometric software and write any piece of academic work. With your understanding on how tax and economic considerations relate, you are optimally prepared for a career in academia or business.
and #22 worldwide in EconTop Ranking on Economic Research
Small classes, personal guidance and active involvement in our international research community
Excellent track-record in graduate placements at top universities worldwide
The Research Master in Business is a "Top rated program" in the Dutch Keuzegids Masters ranking 2018
Learn to conduct cutting-edge research in Tax Economics
- Lectures serve to highlight the main points, assisting you in gaining a better knowledge and understanding of the course's subjects, as well as to offer directives for gaining more specialized in-depth knowledge of the course's subject, for example by self-education.
- Tutorials provide you with a more extensive illustration of the topics discussed during lectures, and further provide you with feedback on how well you master the subjects.
- Interactive lectures are used in those cases where the course's objectives go beyond those offered by regular textbooks and theories, e.g. a high-detail discussion of a particular topic.
Why the CentER Research Master's track in Tax Economics?
- Taught by internationally renowned researchers belonging to the faculty of CentER and Fiscal Institute Tilburg, and by excellent scholars invited from abroad.
- At the end of the research master you will have become passionate about research.
- Whether you pursue a career in academia or business, the research master of tax economics offers you a world class preparation to pursue either career.
Prof. mr. Eric Kemmeren
"This program is tailor-made for students who want to do cutting-edge research in respect to business economics-based fundamental theories of taxation, and have the ambition to continue afterwards with a PhD study on the crossing of taxation and business economics."
The Research Master's track in Tax Economics in short
|Specifics||Specialized program to prepare for a PhD or for a professional|
career in a (international) research-based environment
|Start||End of August|
For the curriculum, please see the Study Guide
*A reduction to 1 year of doctoral course work is possible for
people with 1 or 2 relevant MSc degrees with excellent grades
|Title||Master of Science with a Master of Philosophy supplement|
|Costs||Tuition fees and scholarships|
|Best preparatory Bachelor's||Undergraduate program in a relevant field with excellent|
Check the admission requirements and application procedure
|After graduation||- More than 75% of the graduates continue at a PhD position|
at either Tilburg University or another university.
- 25% of the graduates start a professional career,
mostly in the consultancy or financial sector.
More about the career perspectives
Interested in the Research Master in Business?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application