Research Master in Business: Tax Economics track
In the Research Master's track in Tax Economics you learn valuable knowledge in economic-based fundamental theories of taxation, behavioral theories, principles of accounting and empirical methods and their statistical foundation. Additionally, the program equips you with the necessary skills to conduct top level research, such as the use of econometric software and write any piece of academic work. With your understanding on how tax and economic considerations relate, you are optimally prepared for a career in academia or business.
US News Best Global Universities 2019
Small classes, personal guidance and active involvement in our international research community
Excellent track-record in graduate placements at top universities worldwide
The Research Master in Business is a "Top rated program" in the Dutch Keuzegids Masters ranking 2019
Learn to conduct cutting-edge research in Tax Economics
- Lectures serve to highlight the main points, assisting you in gaining a deeper knowledge and better understanding of the course's subjects, as well as to offer directives to gain more specialized in-depth knowledge of the course's subject, for example by self-education.
- Tutorials provide you with a more extensive illustration of the topics discussed during lectures, and provide you with feedback on how well you master the subjects.
- Interactive lectures are held in those cases where the course's objectives go beyond those offered by regular textbooks and theories, e.g. a high-detail discussion of a particular topic.
Why the CentER Research Master's track in Tax Economics?
- Taught by internationally renowned researchers, members of the faculty of CentER and Fiscal Institute Tilburg, and by excellent scholars invited from abroad.
- Upon completion of your research master, you will have become passionate about research.
- Whether you pursue a career in academia or business, the research master of tax economics offers you a world class preparation to pursue either career.
"This program is tailor-made for students who want to do cutting-edge research in respect to business economics-based fundamental theories of taxation, and have the ambition to continue afterwards with a PhD study on the crossing of taxation and business economics."
Prof. dr. Stan Stevens
Become an integral part of the Tax Economics department
We want our students to share the faculty’s passion for research.
- Students are an integral part of the Tax Economics department, benefiting from the many workshops, conferences, and visitors and overall lively, informal but intellectual culture.
- We encourage students to work together with faculty on their research ideas and students have easy access to all the department’s research resources.
Short overview of the Research Master's track in Tax Economics
|Start||End of August|
2 years. (Those with 1 or 2 relevant MSc degrees with excellent grades are eligible for a reduction to 1 year of doctoral course work.)
Please see the Study Guide for the curriculum
|Title||Master of Science with a Master of Philosophy supplement|
|Specifics||Specialized program to prepare for a PhD or for a professional career in a (international) research-based environment|
|Tuition fee||Tuition fees|
Graduate Officers: email@example.com
Interested in the Research Master in Business?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application