Sociology: Bamberg - Tilburg (Double degree)
Combine the Sociology Master’s programs from Tilburg University and the University of Bamberg (Germany). The program features a research-oriented curriculum from sociological theory to empirical social research. You’ll attend classes in sociological theory, empirical research methods, social structure analysis, and social policy.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
Program and courses
Ultimate international experience by studying in Germany for a year.
Get two full Master’s degrees in Sociology from two outstanding academic institutions.
- The degree of the University of Bamberg focuses on the specializations "Empirical Social Research" and "Education, Labour Market, Inequality".
- The degree of Tilburg University focuses on translating societal problems into sociological research from both micro (family, social networks, crime) and macro perspectives (welfare state, solidarity) to evaluate current policy with and derive new policies from.
Expand your knowledge and practical skills with a traineeship :
- The Extended Master provides you with a half year traineeship position and adds one semester to the total program. Enhance your skills and gain relevant work experience.
Typical courses are:
- Sociological Theory
- Social Policy and Social Risks
- Social Capital: Networks, Resources and Attitudes
The MSc Sociology Double Degree program is a broad, international oriented program that can lead to employment in a wide range of fields and jobs in Europe and beyond.
- Work in fields such as labor and employment, culture, welfare, recreation, education, or health care.
- Wide range of employers, ranging from government institutions to private companies and research agencies.
- Interested in business, marketing or journalism? The Guardian states that Sociology gives you a head-start, listing a range of specific abilities and skills associated with a degree in sociology, including “ability to judge and evaluate evidence; understanding the complexity and diversity of situations(…); collecting information; making reasoned and logical arguments.”
Some examples of our graduates' first jobs:
- European Commission
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (Netherlands)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4.8
- Finds a job within one month after graduation: 50%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,309
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2015
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August.
Best preparatory programs:
Half-year Pre-Master’s program (30 ECTS) available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences. Please note: the Pre-Master’s program starts in Tilburg and has two intake moments (end of August and end of January).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
10:00 - 16:00
Tilburg University Today Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Tilburg University Today Live Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. From September until December, we organize these webinars frequently.
12:00 - 16:00
Online Master's Open day
Which master do you think is interesting? Or do you want to know which master suits you? Then sign up for the Online Master’s Open day on Saturday, November 14.
Interested in the Double degree in Sociology: Bamberg - Tilburg?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master’s programs
- Sociology and Population Studies (Double degree)
- Sociology and Social Research (Double degree)
- Organizing for Global Social Challenges track
- People Management for Global Social Challenges track
- Politics, Policy and Societal Development track
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences