Sociology: Bamberg - Tilburg (Double degree)
Combine the Sociology Master’s programs from Tilburg University and the University of Bamberg (Germany). The program features a research-oriented curriculum from sociological theory to empirical social research. You’ll attend classes in sociological theory, empirical research methods, social structure analysis, and social policy.
Program and courses
Ultimate international experience by studying in Germany for a year.
Get two full Master’s degrees in Sociology from two outstanding academic institutions.
- The degree of the University of Bamberg focuses on the specializations "Empirical Social Research" and "Education, Labour Market, Inequality".
- The degree of Tilburg University focuses on translating societal problems into sociological research from both micro (family, social networks, crime) and macro perspectives (welfare state, solidarity) to evaluate current policy with and derive new policies from.
Expand your knowledge and practical skills with a traineeship :
- The Extended Master provides you with a half year traineeship position and adds one semester to the total program. Enhance your skills and gain relevant work experience.
Typical courses are:
- Sociological Theory
- Social Policy and Social Risks
- Social Capital: Networks, Resources and Attitudes
The MSc Sociology Double Degree program is a broad, international oriented program that can lead to employment in a wide range of fields and jobs in Europe and beyond.
- Work in fields such as labor and employment, culture, welfare, recreation, education, or health care.
- Wide range of employers, ranging from government institutions to private companies and research agencies.
- Interested in business, marketing or journalism? The Guardian states that Sociology gives you a head-start, listing a range of specific abilities and skills associated with a degree in sociology, including “ability to judge and evaluate evidence; understanding the complexity and diversity of situations(…); collecting information; making reasoned and logical arguments.”
Some examples of our graduates' first jobs:
- European Commission
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (Netherlands)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4.8
- Finds a job within one month after graduation: 50%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,309
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2015
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August.
Best preparatory programs:
Half-year Pre-Master’s program (30 ECTS) available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences. Please note: the Pre-Master’s program starts in Tilburg and has two intake moments (end of August and end of January).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us by clicking the blue 'Contact or meet us' button available on every page of our Master's website.
Download your personalized brochure
In a few easy steps you can create your own customized brochure with information on the program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
On Saturday 16 November, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the Double degree in Sociology: Bamberg - Tilburg?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master’s programs
- Sociology and Population Studies (Double degree)
- Sociology and Social Research (Double degree)
- Organizing for Global Social Challenges track
- People Management for Global Social Challenges track
- Politics, Policy and Societal Development track
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences