Pre-Master's program Strategic Management: Consultancy track
The pre-Master’s programs in Strategic Management: Consultancy track are designed for (1) students with a relevant Dutch hbo degree, and (2) students with a university degree that does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master's program.
Content of the programs
For all students coming from a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo)
The pre-Master's program for Dutch hbo graduates builds on the practically-oriented knowledge you acquired during your Bachelor's by enhancing your theoretical knowledge as well as your capacity for conceptual thinking.
- This half-year pre-Master's program (30 ECTS) runs from the end of August until January.
- After completing the pre-Master's program successfully, you can start with:
- the one-year Master's program in Strategic Management: Consultancy track end of August next academic year. Please note that the Consultancy track starts only in August. This means, that you would have a six-month gap from January - August if you need to take the pre-Master for hbo graduates.
- The Entrepreneurship track that already starts end of January.
The courses for 2021-2022 are:
- Academic Competences Organization and Strategy
- Business Research Techniques for Pre-master
- Strategy for Pre-Master
- Mathematics for Pre-master
- Statistics for Pre-master
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Application and admission
To be eligible for this pre-Master's program, you must have completed a Dutch hbo-Bachelor's program that gives direct access to the pre-Master's program.
- If your hbo-Bachelor's program is not indicated as admissible for this program, unfortunately you cannot apply. In that case you can look for other (pre-)Master’s programs more closely related to the topic of your hbo-Bachelor’s program.
For students with an international degree, or a Dutch research university (wo) degree
Tilburg University offers a program designed for students with a research university Bachelor's degree that does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master's program in Strategic Management: Consultancy track.
Tailor made to individual learning needs
The program is tailor-made to individual learning needs and consists of a maximum of 30 ECTS, providing you with the essential foundation needed to pursue your Master's in Strategic Management: Consultancy track.
- After finishing the program with good results, you can start with the one-year Master's program in Strategic Management: Consultancy track end of August next academic year.
- In case you do not want to wait until the end of August, you can opt for the Entrepreneurship track and start already in the end of January.
Application and admission
As a university graduate you are encouraged to apply for the Master’s program directly. After receiving your application, the Admissions Committee will assess your academic background, and decide whether:
- You can be admitted directly into the Master’s program.
- You can be offered a pre-Master’s program (6 to 30 ECTS).
- Your academic background is unfortunately not matching enough to cover the gap with a 30 ECTS pre-Master’s program. In that case it is impossible to continue.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this pre-Master’s program?
Visit this pre-Master’s information session during the upcoming Open day
Interested in the MSc Strategic Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application