For the academic year 2017-2018 Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences has a number of scholarships available for excellent non-EEA students who are admitted to a (Research) Master's program at Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB).
To qualify for a TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master's program:
- Candidates must have been (unconditionally) admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results in their relevant (under) graduate program. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class.
- To prove that you are an excellent student you can send us a statement from your university saying that you belonged to the top 10% of your class or with your average grade. This is not necessary if your average grade is specified on your transcript of records.
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form.
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University.
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee will select the recipients of the TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program.
- The quality and content of the Scholarship Application Form.
- The language test score.
- Extracurricular activities.
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
The TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence consists of a scholarship of € 5.000 to partially cover the living expenses of the students during their stay here in Tilburg. Additional to this, non-EEA scholarship students receive a partial tuition waiver (up to € 9.000 at a tuition fee of € 14.000,- / subject to change).
TSB Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year.
The TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence for the second year of the Research Master’s program depends on your academic results for the first year. If you obtain all 60 ECTS of the first year of the Research Master, a Scholarship for the second year is guaranteed.
To apply for a TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form.
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in a relevant (under)graduate program, by providing your calculated GPA and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class.
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form in our Online Application System MYSAS, together with your application for the Master's program before the Scholarship deadline of 1 April 2017.
What happens next?
All TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence applicants will be informed about the outcome of the Scholarship Selection Committee by early May 2017.
- Students who are granted a TSB Scholarship for Academic Excellence must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
- Please note that the Scholarship Selection Committees usually receives more applications than it has grants, which means they can only select a minority of excellent applicants who will receive financial support. Strong candidates, who do not make it to the first group of Scholarship candidates, will be put on a list of standby candidates. The School will notify these students as soon as possible - but not later than 1 August 2017 - in case a scholarship candidate withdraws his application.