Holland Scholarship - in combination with Orange Tulip Scholarship Indonesia
A partial tuition fee waiver (Orange Tulip Scholarship) + € 10,000 (Holland Scholarship) for outstanding Indonesian students admitted to a one-year Master's program at Tilburg University.
About the Orange Tulip Scholarship (Indonesia)
The Orange Tulip Scholarship program (OTS) gives talented Indonesian students the opportunity to study in the Netherlands with a partial tuition fee waiver. Tilburg University offers four of these scholarships, one for each School (TLS, TSHD, TSB and TiSEM).
About the Holland Scholarship
The Holland Scholarship is a joint initiative between the Dutch Government and Dutch universities to stimulate the mobility of talented students, both to and from the Netherlands, in order to support and strengthen the international classroom. To supplement this initiative, Tilburg University combines the Holland Scholarship with the Orange Tulip Scholarship for Indonesia, as strategic country.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following basic criteria to apply for the Orange Tulip Scholarship (Indonesia):
- You must have the Indonesian nationality;
- You have a degree from a non-Dutch university;
- You must have excellent study results in your Bachelor's (or Master's) degree program. As an indication, you must have graduated (or can prove that you are going to graduate) with an average result of at least 80% or must be among the 10% of your class;
- You must currently be undergoing the admission process or be already admitted to a one-year Master’s program at Tilburg University (see eligible Master’s programs);
- You have not previously studied or worked in the Netherlands. Applicants currently living in the Netherlands, including Tilburg University pre-Master's students accepted onto a Master’s program, cannot be considered for this scholarship.
Eligible Master’s Programs
All one-year Master’s programs except double degree/joint programs.
The combined scholarship consists of:
- A tuition fee waiver: you pay a tuition fee of €4,530
- A contribution to living expenses of €10,000
The Scholarship application procedure is as follows:
Step 1: Applicants must apply for admission to Tilburg University for a one-year Master's program (except double degree / joint programs) by March 1, 2023 and must be admitted to this program by April 1, 2023.
Step 2: Applicants must apply for the Orange Tulip Scholarship (Indonesia) via NESO Indonesia by April 1, 2023.
Step 1: NESO Indonesia will review the applications and forward applicants’ details to the Scholarship Coordinator at Tilburg University.
Step 2: The Scholarship Coordinator will coordinate the selection of scholarship recipients.
Please note: during the selection procedure, preference will be given to applicants who are either unconditionally admitted to a Master’s program OR those whose graduation is the only outstanding admission condition.
Meet the conditions of admission (detailed in the conditional admission letter) as soon as possible in order to be unconditionally admitted.
Step 3: The Scholarship Coordinator will inform all applicants of the scholarship awards by mid-May 2023.
Your application status will be selected, waitlisted or rejected.
Step 4: The successful applicants must confirm acceptance of the scholarship
The Scholarship Coordinator will reallocate any scholarships to applicants on the waiting list, if scholarships have not been accepted.