Tilburg - Orange Tulip Scholarship (South Africa)
Tuition waiver for outstanding South African students enrolling in a one-year Master's degree program at Tilburg University.
About the Tilburg - Orange Tulip Scholarship (South Africa)
The Orange Tulip Scholarship program (OTS) gives talented South African students the opportunity to study in the Netherlands with a partial tuition fee waiver. Tilburg University offers five of these scholarships.
Benefit of the scholarship
Scholarship recipients will receive a partial tuition fee waiver and will pay a tuition fee of € 4,450; those studying at the Tilburg School of Theology will pay a tuition fee of € 2,092.
Applicants must meet the following basic criteria to apply for the Orange Tulip Scholarship (South Africa):
- You must have South African nationality;
- You must apply for one of the programs listed below by March 1, 2019;
- You must be admitted to one of the programs listed below by April 1, 2019;
- You must have excellent study results in your Bachelor’s (or Master’s) program. As an indication, you must have graduated (or can prove that you are going to graduate) with an average result of at least 80% or must be among the 10% of your class;
- You must submit your application for the Orange Tulip Scholarship to NESO South Africa by April 1, 2019.
Current Pre-Master students are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
The Scholarship procedure is as follows:
Step 1 (deadline: March 1): Applicant applies for admission to Tilburg University for one of our one year Master’s programs.
Step 2 (deadline: April 1): Applicant applies for the Orange Tulip Scholarship (South Africa) via NESO South Africa.
Step 1: NESO South Africa will review your application and forward your details to the Scholarship Coordinator at Tilburg University.
Step 2: The Scholarship Coordinator will coordinate the selection of Scholarship recipients.
May 1: The Scholarship Coordinator will inform all applicants of the Scholarship award decision. Five applicants will be awarded the Scholarship; other applicants may be added to a reserve list and some may not be selected at all. All applicants will be informed via e-mail by May 1.
May 10: Scholarship recipients must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship via e-mail to the Scholarship Coordinator.
Deadline May 10: The Scholarship Coordinator will award any unused Scholarships to applicants on the reserve list.