Work and Organizational Psychology
Learn how to apply science-based solutions to human problems in work and organizational settings. In this master's you will use business psychology to optimize employee performance, improve work processes and relationships, manage diversity, enhance fairness and equity in teams, and increase subjective well-being in organizations. Work and Organizational Psychology is a track of the MSc in Social Psychology.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Student Survey, 2021 | n=16
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=15
Program and courses
Become an expert in the field of business psychology to understand the psychological processes that shape human behavior and well-being on the work floor. Study the psychological aspects of work processes, organizations, and employee and diversity management.
- International setting with small groups and a lot of interaction.
- Courses and supervision are done by a team of international, diverse, and enthusiastic researchers.
- Internship (12 or 18 ECTS) in an organization chosen by you.
- The program focuses on the critical and valid application of theory in practice, with an empasis on how business psychology and work and organizational psychology can be applied to improve employee and team performance.
Typical courses are:
- Occupational Health Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Leadership and Organization
- Work Group Psychology
Kalukeki MwabaMaster's student
"The program is research-based and focused on finding scientific solutions to practical problems in modern organizations. Lecturers are always willing to assist you if you have any questions, and they encourage students to share their opinions. The course work has been an enriching experience."
Julia RotzingerMaster's student
"The program is a great preparation when looking to start a career in the field of Human Resources or Organizational Psychology. The classes are a mix of theory, discussions, group work and practical assignments. Combining thesis and internship is an excellent way to boost research skills, gain work experience and network."
Joep MeijsPerformance Coach at Wouw Performance Coaching | HR bij ASML
"The topics in the lessons appealed to me enormously. Especially the courses on work-related stress and how groups function optimally."
The Master's track in Work and Organizational Psychology prepares you for both academic and practical careers. After graduation, you will have the knowledge and skills needed to get started in positions in the fields of work and organizational psychology, human resources, marketing, financial services, policy, consulting or research.
Organizations where our graduates ended up include Deloitte, Rabobank, Arbo Unie, Schouten & Nelissen, Booking.com, Start People, Research Universities and Schools of Applied Sciences, various HR organizations and consulting / coaching / career counseling agencies.
Example positions of graduates:
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Universiteit Utrecht
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- On average 5 months until first paid job
- 73% of graduates find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,449
National Alumni Survey - Master Social Psychology, 2020 | n = 6
Application and admission
This Master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's track?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Work and Organizational Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master's programs
Obtain 2 master degrees and international experience by following a Double Degree program:
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
Other related programs:
- Economic Psychology
- Human Resource Studies
- Management of Cultural Diversity
- Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences