Work and Organizational Psychology
In the Master’s track in Work and Organizational Psychology you concentrate on science based solutions to human problems in work and organizational settings. You learn how to optimize performance, improve processes and relationships, enhance fairness and equity, and increase subjective well-being. This is a track of MSc Social Psychology.
National Alumni Survey 2017 | n=11
National Alumni Survey 2017 | n=11
Program and courses
This Master's program focuses on organizational behavior and psychology directed to work, organization and staff. You will become a specialist in Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Lectures are given by dynamic, international research teams of the European Network of Work and Organizational Psychology (ENOP).
- You will study in small, interactive and international working groups.
- This is a track of MSc Social Psychology. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Expand your knowledge and skills
By following one of the double degrees available:
- Double degree in Applied Social Psychology at Tilburg University and Higher School of Economic (Moscow, Russia)
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
- Double degree in Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and SWPS University (Wroclaw , Poland)
Typical courses are:
- Occupational Health Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Leadership and Organization
- Work Group Psychology
Kalukeki MwabaMaster's student
"The program is research-based and focused on finding scientific solutions to practical problems in modern organizations. Lecturers are always willing to assist you if you have any questions, and they encourage students to share their opinions. The course work has been an enriching experience."
Julia RotzingerMaster's student
"The program is a great preparation when looking to start a career in the field of Human Resources or Organizational Psychology. The classes are a mix of theory, discussions, group work and practical assignments. Combining thesis and internship is an excellent way to boost research skills, gain work experience and network."
Joep MeijsPerformance Coach at Wouw Performance Coaching | HR bij ASML
"The topics in the lessons appealed to me enormously. Especially the courses on work-related stress and how groups function optimally."
The Master's track in Work and Organizational Psychology prepares you for both academic and practical careers. After graduation, you will have the knowledge and skills needed to get started in positions in the fields of work and organizational psychology, human resources, marketing, financial services, policy, consulting or research.
Organizations where our graduates ended up include Deloitte, Rabobank, Arbo Unie, Schouten & Nelissen, Research Universities and Schools of Applied Sciences, various HR organizations and coaching / career counseling agencies.
Some examples of our graduates' first jobs:
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Universiteit Utrecht
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 70%
- Employer requires a Master of Science degree: 63%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.051
- Would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university: 82%
- Will recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 72%
Source: National Alumni Survey 2017 | n = 11
Application and admission
This Master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's track?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Work and Organizational Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application