Work and Organizational Psychology
Learn how to apply science-based solutions to human problems in work and organizational settings. You learn how to optimize employee performance, improve processes and relationships, enhance fairness and equity in teams, and increase subjective well-being in organizations. This is a track of MSc Social Psychology.
On-campus education as of August 2021 | pleased to meet you
National Student Survey, 2021 | n=16
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=15
Program and courses
Become an expert in the field of the psychological processes that shape human behavior and well-being on the work floor. Study the psychological aspects of work processes, organizations, and employee management.
- International setting with small groups and a lot of interaction.
- Courses and supervision are done by a team of international, young, and enthusiastic researchers.
- Internship (12 or 18 ECTS) in an organization chosen by you.
- The program focuses on the critical and valid application of theory in practice, with an empasis on how work and organizational psychology can be applied to improve employee and team performance.
Typical courses are:
- Occupational Health Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Leadership and Organization
- Work Group Psychology
Kalukeki MwabaMaster's student
"The program is research-based and focused on finding scientific solutions to practical problems in modern organizations. Lecturers are always willing to assist you if you have any questions, and they encourage students to share their opinions. The course work has been an enriching experience."
Julia RotzingerMaster's student
"The program is a great preparation when looking to start a career in the field of Human Resources or Organizational Psychology. The classes are a mix of theory, discussions, group work and practical assignments. Combining thesis and internship is an excellent way to boost research skills, gain work experience and network."
Joep MeijsPerformance Coach at Wouw Performance Coaching | HR bij ASML
"The topics in the lessons appealed to me enormously. Especially the courses on work-related stress and how groups function optimally."
The Master's track in Work and Organizational Psychology prepares you for both academic and practical careers. After graduation, you will have the knowledge and skills needed to get started in positions in the fields of work and organizational psychology, human resources, marketing, financial services, policy, consulting or research.
Organizations where our graduates ended up include Deloitte, Rabobank, Arbo Unie, Schouten & Nelissen, Booking.com, Start People, Research Universities and Schools of Applied Sciences, various HR organizations and consulting / coaching / career counseling agencies.
Example positions of graduates:
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Universiteit Utrecht
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- On average 5 months until first paid job
- 73% of graduates find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.449,-
National Alumni Survey - Master Social Psychology, 2020 | n = 6
Application and admission
This Master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's track?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
13:30 - 15:45
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home. You can participate on Wednesday, September 22 or Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. You can sign up for one of the sessions on September 24, or October 15, either at 10:00 or 16:00.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the MSc Work and Organizational Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master's programs
Obtain 2 master degrees and international experience by following one of our Double Degree programs:
- Double degree in Applied Social Psychology at Tilburg University and Higher School of Economic (Moscow, Russia)
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
Other related programs:
- Economic Psychology
- Human Resource Studies
- Management of Cultural Diversity
- Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences