Work and Organizational Psychology
During the Master's track Work and Organizational Psychology, you learn how to apply science-based solutions to human problems in work and organizational settings. In this Master's track, you will use business psychology to optimize employee performance, improve work processes and relationships, manage diversity, enhance fairness and equity in teams, and increase subjective well-being in organizations. Work and Organizational Psychology is a track of the MSc in Social Psychology.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 13
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 13
Program and courses
Become an expert in the field of business psychology, who understands the psychological processes that shape human behavior and well-being on the work floor. Study the psychological aspects of work processes, organizations, and employee and diversity management. This program has a strong practical orientation by leading professional expertise into the classroom.
- Join an international classroom with small groups and a lot of interaction.
- Courses and supervision are done by a team of international, young, diverse, and enthusiastic researcher teams (ENOP, the European Network of Work and Organizational Psychology).
- Develop your professional expertise and gain practical experience by doing an internship (18 ECTS) in an organization chosen by you.
- The program focuses on the critical and valid application of theory in practice, with an empasis on how business psychology and work and organizational psychology can be applied to improve employee and team performance.
Typical courses are:
- Occupational Health Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Leadership and Organization
- Work Group Psychology
Kalukeki MwabaMaster's student
"The program is research-based and focused on finding scientific solutions to practical problems in modern organizations. Lecturers are always open to questions, and they encourage students to share their opinions."
Martin EfremovMaster’s student
"The program resembles real-life context closely and offers opportunities to work together with companies on actual cases. This benefits your transition from student into the labor market."
The Master's track in Work and Organizational Psychology prepares you for both academic and practical careers. After graduation, you will have the knowledge and skills needed to get started in positions in the fields of work and organizational psychology, human resources, marketing, financial services, policy, consulting or research.
Organizations where our graduates ended up include Deloitte, Rabobank, Arbo Unie, Schouten & Nelissen, Booking.com, Start People, Research Universities and Schools of Applied Sciences, various HR organizations and consulting / coaching / career counseling agencies.
Typical starting positions of graduates:
- HR Manager
- HR Advisor
- Policy Advisor
- Career Counselor
- Work Reintegration Counselor
- Teacher/Education Expert
- On average 3.6 months until first paid job
- 86% is (very) satisfied with the Master's program
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,235
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 13
Application and admission
This Master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
International students find all information about tuition fees and scholarships here.
Interested in this Master's track?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
Interested in the MSc Work and Organizational Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master's programs
Obtain 2 Master's degrees and international experience by following a Double Degree program:
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
Other related programs:
- Economic Psychology
- Human Resource Studies
- Management of Cultural Diversity
- Research Master in Psychology: Individual Differences and Assessment
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences