NL Scholarship - General
The NL Scholarship is a joint initiative between the Dutch Government and Dutch universities to stimulate the mobility of talented students, both to and from the Netherlands, in order to support and strengthen the international classroom. Tilburg University is proud to be part of this initiative.
How many scholarships are available?
The final number of available scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025 will be announced in December 2023.
Probably we have 4 scholarships available, one per School (TiSEM, TLS, TSB, TSHD)
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
In order to apply for this Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of Colombia, India, Kenia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Vietnam.
- You must apply for admission to a one-year Master's program at Tilburg University by April 1, 2024 at the latest. The scholarship is also available for two-year Master's programs, but will be only awarded for the first year of the program.
- You must have excellent study results in your relevant (under) graduate program. As an indication, you must have graduated (or can prove that you are going to graduate) with an average result of at least 80% or must be among the top 10% of your class.
- You have not previously studier or worked in the Netherlands. Applicants currently living in the Netherlands, including Tilburg University pre-Master's students accepted onto a Master's program, cannot be considered for the NLScholarship.
Please note that, when awarding the Scholarships, preference will be given to those who are either unconditionally admitted to a Master’s program OR those whose graduation is the only outstanding admission condition.
The scholarships consists of a contribution to living expenses of €10,000
1. Apply for admission to one of the Master's programs of Tilburg University by April 1, 2024
2. Write a motivation letter, specifically for the scholarship, in which you introduce yourself and explain why you are interested in the NL Scholarship. Please answer the following questions in the letter as well:
- What would you contribute to Tilburg University (socially, academically, culturally)?
- Tilburg University's motto is "Understanding Society". How would you reflect this on yourself. How do you understand society?
- What are your career aspirations? And how does your study at Tilburg University helps to achieve them?
3. Submit the NL Scholarship application webform and upload the motivation letter by May 1, 2024
4. Tilburg University will review all applications
5. You will be informed about the outcome of your NL Scholarship application by the middle of June 2024
The NL Scholarship is made available by:
For more information about the scholarship, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org