In order to assist you with opening a Dutch bank account, Tilburg University has made an agreement with ABN AMRO Bank, which is one of the most popular banks in the Netherlands and is conveniently located in the Tilburg city center.
ABN AMRO will be present at Tilburg University campus during the Registration Days on August 15 and August 16, 2019.
The application process for opening a Dutch Bank Account (Fall semester 2019) will be available soon.
International students can open an ABN AMRO International Student Account
- The debit card can be used in every store in the Netherlands and also on the University campus.
- The monthly account charges for this International Student Account are approximately € 1.55.
- You will receive a bank account, debit card and access to Internet Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Unfortunately it is not possible for International Students to apply for a Credit Card.
Do I need a Dutch bank account?
If you have a bank account in a country that is not a member of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), you are advised to open a Dutch bank account.
- This is particularly important if you have been awarded a scholarship or living expenses by Tilburg University, so that we can transfer the funds to you.
- If you have a bank account in a country that is a member of Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) it is not strictly necessary to open a Dutch bank account. You are advised to contact your own bank for more information.
* including Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guyana and Réunion
** including the Azores and Madeira
*** including the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla
**** including Gibraltar