Accommodation for international students
Tilburg is a popular university city in the Netherlands. Because of this, the demand for student housing is high. Finding accommodation is one of the most important things to arrange before your arrival, please note that we cannot guarantee housing, and it’s your own responsibility to find a room. Therefore, we advise you to make it number one priority and start searching for a house several months before arriving.
Universities in the Netherlands do not own student housing. Tilburg reserves a number of rooms with housing providers for eligible new international students. Please note, there are not enough reserved rooms for all incoming international students. Therefor it is recommended to look in the private market as well. We strongly advise you to register on KlikvoorKamers (registration is free) right away, as this is a waiting time based platforms.
It’s your own responsibility to find a room before your arrival. Therefore, you should make it your number one priority and start searching immediately. Please be aware that only a limited number of furnished rooms are available in Tilburg. Do not limit your options and also look for unfurnished rooms. Renting an apartment with 2 of more students is very difficult and therefor not recommended. Check the private market section for tips and tricks.
Online Office Hours
Would you like to have an online chat with our Housing Officer? We are happy to assist all international students in their search for housing in Tilburg. Live chats are available on the following dates:
- Tuesday 26th of January from 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Link to the chat
- Thursday 28th of January from 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Link to the chat
- Tuesday 2nd of February from 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Link to the chat
- Thursday 4th of February from 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Link to the chat
Please be aware that each live chat has a different link.
WonenBreburg (for exchange and degree students)
The housing complex located on this street is popularly referred to as 'Verbs'.
- The buildings are within walking distance of the University, the Sports Center and the train station.
- The rooms are furnished and available for a period of six months. If you are joining us for a one year exchange, you can choose to stay in Verbs for the first six months of your stay.
- You will live on a shared floor with 6 or 17 other exchange students, so it is it the perfect way to make new friends and have a great time here in Tilburg.
- If you would like to have more information about the rooms, FAQs and general terms and conditions, you can go to the website of WonenBreburg. Here they have uploaded 2 documents with useful information.
- The reservation policy is based on a 'first-come, first-serve'-basis.
- The booking system for the spring semester opened at November 23 at 09:00 UTC. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Housing Holland (for degree students)
Student Housing Holland has typical Dutch student houses located across the city which are all within biking distance of Tilburg University and the city center. All the houses have fully equipped kitchens and most have a common living area where you can dine & chill together with your housemates! In short:
- Fully furnished rooms & fully equipped kitchens
- Everything you need service
- Live in a typical Dutch student house together with other international students
- All-inclusive price; All utilities, Wi-Fi and their ‘Everything you need service’ are included in the monthly rent price
- Locations in student neighbourhoods and within biking distance to Tilburg University
The booking system for the spring semester opened at November 23 at 09:00 UTC. Go to Student Housing Holland’s booking website for more information about the available rooms.
A brand new building located within five minutes cycling distance from the University. The Rumour provides fully furnished studios and apartments with air-conditioning for international students. Interested? Visit https://magisrent.nl/apartments#rumour for more information.
A brand new residential complex with studios and apartments has risen in the heart of Tilburg. Visit www.miditilburg.nl for more information.
Xior has rooms available, check their website: www.xior-booking.com/