As an international student you need to arrange several practical matters to assure yourself of an untroubled stay in the Netherlands, including the immigration formalities.
Preparing your stay
Due to the Corona virus, the immigration coordinators start the immigration procedure from the first week of May onwards. You will receive an invitation email automatically.
- If you are a non-EU national you will probably need a visa and/or residence permit.
- If you are an EU national, you do not need to apply for a visa or a residence permit, but there are a few things you need to do when you arrive in the Netherlands.
Information on Dutch immigration regulations
The Immigration Office has created this section to give you all the necessary information about Dutch immigration regulations, regardless of your nationality.
PLEASE NOTE: all procedures and dates given on this website are correct as of April 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, both the procedures and dates may change. Tilburg University will update students as soon as possible, if global/national regulations require changes to the procedures and dates given.
All costs made by admitted applicants with respect to their studies in the Netherlands are at own risk. Tilburg University cannot be held responsible if costs are made and, due to both national and international regulations regarding COVID-19, the start of your studies is either cancelled or delayed.
- Please enter the section by clicking on EU or Non-EU depending on your nationality.
- If you are not sure to which group your nationality belongs, please click here.
Late Arrival Desk Immigration team
Did you arrive in Tilburg and missed the Registration Day? No problem! Our Immigration coordinators will be online to answer 1-on-1 questions via ZOOM live chat.
If you have any questions related to immigration, the Immigration Team is more than willing to help you with:
- Dutch residence permit
- Registration at the City Hall (Social Security Number- in Dutch: BSN)
- Dutch bank account
- Healthcare insurance
- Immigration procedure
- Intra EU-mobility
- Tuberculosis test
We will be ready to answer your questions:
- Mondays from 10:00 to 11:00 hrs
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 15:00 to 16:00 hrs
Please click here to visit our online late arrival desk.
Contact the Immigration Team
If you have a question concerning Dutch immigration regulations for international students and you cannot find the answer in this section, do not hesitate to contact the Immigration Coordinators at the Immigration Team.
You can discuss immigration related questions and/or concerns during the telephone consultation hours of the Immigration Team. The visiting hours will be held at telephone number +31 (0)13 466 4707 on:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 to 11:00 hrs
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 15:00 to 16:00 hrs
Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, we are not able to hold visiting hours in person currently. It is possible to ask your question via firstname.lastname@example.org.