Religion, Peace & Non-Violence: The Case of Catholicism
Registration for this course is closed.
Learn firsthand how religion contributes equally to peace and war. In this one-week summer intensive you will learn to distinguish between several levels of non-violence, receive training in ‘value focused interviewing’, and conduct live interviews with international key-figures who promote non-violence worldwide.
This course gives you:
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts of Just War, Just Peace and Non-Violence;
- The ability to compare these concepts and seek for synthetic approaches;
- Understanding of the way society and the state deal with aggression, violence and war;
- Insights into the ways that a world religion can be understood as a factor of both violence and peace.
You will develop the skills needed to:
- Conduct ‘value based interviews’ and assess the information you receive from those interviewed;
- Present your findings to an audience comprised of professionals.
Application and registration
Interested in joining Tilburg University Summer School 2020?
Choose from a variety of academic and language courses, participate in our fun-packed social program and meet people from all over the world!