Sustainable Supply Chain Management in Global Business: Making an Impact
How to keep supply chains running smoothly in a ‘bumpy’ global environment? How to integrate social and ecological aspects across supply chains while creating economic value? If you live in Northern Europe and have eaten an avocado recently, you have benefited from a supply chain! Supply chains play a crucial role in connecting markets and economies on a global scale.
Alternative online programs for Tilburg University Summer School 2020
But there’s great vulnerability at work too: think about the impact of natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and strikes on the movement of goods and people. Moreover, increasing climate change concerns force companies to re-think the structure and design of their supply chains and move towards sustainable sourcing, closed loop supply chains and zero-emissions transportation.
In this 1-week course you will quickly understand the mechanisms used to safeguard 'smooth' flows in global supply chains with special considerations for social and ecological dimensions of sustainable development.
After following the Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SCM) course students should:
- Have acquired an overview of leading SCM concepts and models in the context of a globalizing economy with strong concerns for sustainable development;
- Be able to evaluate the sustainability implications of various supply chain concepts and analyze the value of innovative tools for sustainable SCM, such as zero-emissions transportation and reverse logistics;
- Be able to assess the value and impact of sustainable SCM on a company’s competiveness;
- Be able to apply relevant sustainable SCM knowledge in business cases and/or assignments;
- Have observed and experienced SCM processes at work via practical games and company visits.
Application and registration
Interested in joining Tilburg University Summer School 2021?
Choose from a variety of academic and language courses, participate in our fun-packed social program and meet people from all over the world!