Cultural Diversity: Theory and Practice (ONLINE COURSE)
What can cross-cultural psychology tell you about your own cultural assumptions? Are you able to understand the unique challenges and benefits of living in a multicultural society? Are your professional or academic goals aimed at working successfully in international businesses, or in multicultural teams?
In this unique 2-week program you and a group of internationally-oriented students will examine cultural diversity from a psychological perspective, which includes theoretical insights as well as hands-on experiences (practice sessions and presentations). The course concluding with you conducting an interview with someone of another culture, and writing a report on your findings to show that you can effectively communicate about diversity-related topics.
During this interactive two-week course you will:
- Acquire an overview of the current leading perspectives on cross-cultural similarities and differences, acculturation, and intercultural communication;
- Assess and apply strategies useful for intercultural interaction in business and negotiations, and for effective intercultural communication;
- Conduct a small-scale qualitative, culturally informed, psychological study on a topic of your choice;
- Understand how methodological pitfalls and cognitive biases are relevant for cross-cultural interactions and intercultural communication in the multicultural workplace and other settings.
Application and Registration
Interested in joining Tilburg University Summer School 2021?
- Choose from a variety of academic courses in the field of Law, Data Management, Theology and Psychology
- Meet people from all over the world
- Take the course from the comfort of your own home