Introduction Week (TOP Week)
Tilburg University advises you to participate in TOP Week as there is no better way to get to know Tilburg and your fellow students! TOP Week is your ticket to Tilburg. TOP Winter Week will be organized in January 2024 for all new students starting end of January. In August 2024 there also will be a TOP Week for students starting end of August.
What is TOP Week?
Tilburg Orientation Program, TOP, organizes the introduction week for all new incoming students in Tilburg just before the start of your study program.
- You immediately get to know Tilburg and student life well. That way, you don't have to look on your own for what things you want to do in addition to your studies.
- TOP Winter Week 2024 is for students starting end of January and will take place in the week of January 22 until January 26, 2024.
- TOP Week 2024 is for students starting end of August and will take place in the week of August 19 until August 23, 2024.
What to expect?
- Get acquainted with the Dutch culture, the city, various associations, and fellow students. Not only from your own study program, but also from other programs at Tilburg University.
- Join a week full of activities for students who are new in Tilburg: discover the city of Tilburg, visit a museum or participate in a city tour. Get to know the student life of Tilburg by visiting student associations, sport activities and parties at study associations.
- All students will be divided into groups with students from all over the world, based on your study program. The whole week mentors (second or third year students) will guide you.
Are you already excited to participate?
The program consists of a mix of social and informative activities, which can be found on the TOP website and socials.
- General information about the week can be found on this webpage.
- Detailed information about the program and how to register can be found on the TOP website in the weeks before TOP Week starts.
- Keep an eye on the TOP socials, which will post updates and changes about the week. See TOP Week's Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you have any questions regarding TOP Winter Week 2023? Please contact us at email@example.com
What is the difference between TOP Week and the Program Introduction?
The main difference is the focus of the introduction and the mandatory/voluntary character.
During TOP Week you will get to meet your fellow students and together with them you experience what Tilburg’s student life has to offer. Throughout the week, your mentors will show you the way around Tilburg. This is a voluntary program, which you can sign up for and requires a participant’s fee.
Study Program Introduction
The Study Program Introduction will introduce you to all the practical matters of your study at Tilburg University and is at the same time an introduction activity with your classmates. Participation in this program is expected from you and thus mandatory, as you will learn how to find your way around campus by e.g. learning how to register for courses and exams.
The School to which your study program belongs will organize this introduction. You will receive more information about these days in advance by your school or the International Office (Exchange Students). The Program Introduction will include an official welcome, a campus tour, and IT facilities introduction.
Will I be hazed?
The answer is no. Hazing is a kind of initiation ritual that students go through in order to become a member of a student association. Hazing excesses such as are occasionally reported in other student cities (giving rise to all kinds of wild stories) fortunately do not occur at Tilburg University. There is no place for hazing in TOP Week. TOP Week is all about sharing information, getting acquainted with one another, and of course having lots of fun.
Other introduction activities
During our Registration Days, we will welcome you and offer you a number of services to make sure you have a pleasant and a well prepared start in Tilburg.
Study Program Introduction
The compulsory Study Program Introduction will give you the opportunity to meet your fellow students. Moreover, you will receive all the information you need about your program to have a successful start.