Bachelors Tilburg University

Finalize your admission

When you are conditionally admitted to a Bachelor's or (pre-)Master's program at Tilburg University, there are still some conditions you have to meet in order to be unconditionally admitted. You can find which conditions you have to meet in your Conditional Admission Letter. On this webpage, you can find more information about the documents you might be required to send, and the terminology used in the process.

Who is this information for?

This information is relevant if you have been conditionally admitted to a Bachelor's or (pre-)Master's program at Tilburg University based on a non-Dutch educational background, and you have received a Conditional Admission Letter detailing which requirements you still have to meet. This could include sending certified hard copies of your grade list/transcript of records and/or your diplomas to Tilburg University by physical mail. You can find an explanation of the terminology further down this page. 

Online verification of documents

In some cases your diploma and transcript can be verified online. This means you do not need to send certified hard copies of these documents to us by physical mail but instead can send them by email to your International Admission Coordinator. However, as for now this option is only available for limited countries and document types: 

  • China: we accept the Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate, the Online Verification Report of Higher Education Degree Certificate, and the Verification Report of China Higher Education Student’s Academic Transcript, provided by China Credentials Verification | CSSD (, obtained at a Chinese university. 
  • Spain: we accept digital transcripts (containing a Graduation Statement) of Spanish universities with a Codigo Seguro Verificacion (CSV).  
  • Turkey: we accept digital transcripts (containing a Graduation Statement) from several Turkish universities that can be verified via If you graduated from a Turkish university with its own online verification method, please contact your International Admissions Coordinator to find out whether this can be accepted.  
  • UK: we accept digital transcripts and diploma’s from most universities in the UK that offer a method of online verification of their documents. 
  • International Baccalaureate: we accept the International Baccalaureate diploma and transcript digitally if they can be verified online by Tilburg University. You can arrange (either via your school or yourself directly with the International Baccalaureate Organization ) that Tilburg University has access to your final International Baccalaureate results in IBIS (International Baccalaureate Information System). If you have already graduated, please arrange that Tilburg University has access before you submit an application. If you still have to graduate please send a notification to when your final results are available online. 

What is a certified hard copy?

A certified hard copy, sometimes also called an authenticated copy, is a copy of the original document with an original stamp and signature of an authorized signatory. This could be a school official, a notary, or a public lawyer. In some countries, it is possible to get your document certified at your local city hall. It is not necessary to have an apostille certification (according to the Hague Apostille Convention). 

Please note that if your original document is not in one of the accepted languages, you will have to get a certified translation.

  • Bachelor's programs: Dutch, German, French or English
  • (pre-)Master's programs: Dutch or English

You can find out how to get a certified translation further down this page.  

How do I get a certified hard copy? 

  1. See if your school or university can provide you with a certified hard copy of the documents you need.  
    • Ask your school or university to sign and stamp every page of the copies in order to certify them.
    • Send the certified hard copy by physical mail or courier to the post address you can find further down this page. 
  2. If your school or university is unable to provide you with a certified hard copy, you can get a copy of the original document certified at a notary or public lawyer.  
    • Take the original document to the notary or lawyer to get it certified.
    • Send the certified hard copy by physical mail or courier to the post address you can find further down this page.  
How to get a certified hard copy

Possible ways in which the certified copies could be arranged

  • In a collection of pages, each page is stamped and signed OR 
  • The pages are stapled together. The stamp covers the staple, or each page of the copy is stamped and signed, OR 
  • Your school/university puts the copies in a sealed envelope which is signed and stamped across its sealed edge. 

Please note the following: 

  • A photocopy which has not been stamped or signed by an authorized signatory is not sufficient.
  • Do not make a photocopy of the certified photocopies, because it will not be accepted! Please send the certified photocopies with the original stamp and signature as provided to you by your school, university, notary, lawyer or city hall by physical mail or courier to the address below. 
Arrangement certified hard copy

How do I get a certified translation? 

If the required documents are not issued by your school/university in one of the accepted languages (Bachelor's programs: Dutch, German, French or English; (pre-)Master's programs: Dutch or English), you will have to get a certified translation. Take the following steps: 

  1. Take your certified copies to a sworn translator. You may not translate the document yourself! 
    • The translator will translate the certified copies and stamp and sign the translation. Make sure either each page of the translation is signed and stamped, or the stamp covers the staple.  
    • The translator will attach the signed and stamped translation to the certified photocopy of the originals and add a comment to the translation to confirm that it is a true and accurate translation of the documents attached. 
  2. Send the collection of documents by physical mail or courier to Tilburg University. Do not detach the documents or take another photocopy and send that, because the documents will not be accepted! 

Where do I send the required documents? 

You can send the required documents to the address below. We recommend you send them by courier to avoid the documents getting lost or delayed. 

Tilburg University
International Admissions
International Office
Intermezzo Building, room I705
Warandelaan 2
5037 AB Tilburg
The Netherlands

The International Admissions Coordinator sends you a confirmation e-mail when the documents have been received and processed. Please note that it might take 1-2 weeks after delivery before your documents have been fully processed.

Research Master’s program in Economics 

CentER Research Master Office  
Room K122  
Warandelaan 2  
The Netherlands 

Important deadlines 

We recommend you send the required documents as soon as you have them, to make sure there are no delays. If you do not meet the deadline, you will not be able to start your study program. If you have already started your program but are unable to send the required documents in time, you will be required to de-enroll immediately. This may have consequences for your immigration procedure. You must meet all the conditions of admission detailed in your Conditional Admission Letter by the following deadlines. 

Bachelor's programs deadline

  • August 1 (September intake) 

(Pre-)Master's programs deadlines

  • August 31 (September intake) 
  • January 31 (February intake) 

Please note the following: 

  • Different deadlines may apply to applicants of scholarship programs that require unconditional admission before nomination. You can find more information in the scholarship requirements procedure of the scholarship for which you are applying. 
  • If you do not receive your diploma by the deadline, you can send us a graduation statement instead. Please refer to the explanation under 'graduation statement’ for more information. 


If you have any questions about how to be unconditionally admitted or the information on this page, please contact your international admission coordinator as soon as possible.  

Explanation of terminology


A diploma is a document issued by your educational institution that confirms you have successfully completed a course of study at a particular level and in a specific field of study. This could mean your Bachelor's, Master's or High School diploma.  

Some universities issue a diploma supplement. If you received a diploma supplement with your degree, and your university is part of the EHEA, send a certified copy of that, instead of your diploma and grade list. Please check ‘diploma supplement’ for more information.  

Diploma supplement

A diploma supplement is a document issued by higher educational institutions in addition to your degree, diploma or certificate. This diploma supplement gives more details on your course of study, such as the nature, level, content, and status of the program of study, as well as courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved.  

Not every educational institution issues a diploma supplement. If your school does, you can send us a certified copy of this supplement, instead of a combination of your diploma and your grade list/transcript of records. The diploma supplement is considered a diploma replacement only if issued by a university that is part of the EHEA

Transcript of records/grade list

A transcript of records, or grade list, is a statement from your school or university that details the courses you have taken. The transcript of records must include the following: 

  • Names of the courses you have taken 
  • The grades you received for each course 

In case of a university transcript of records, the list must also include the following: 

  • Course codes 
  • The number of ECTS credits awarded (in EEA countries) 

If your diploma came with a supplement (diploma supplement), the grade list is already included. This means you may not have to send a separate transcript of records. Please check the information under 'diploma supplement' for more information.

Graduation statement

If you have not graduated or you will not receive your diploma before the deadline, you can submit a certified hard copy of a Graduation Statement issued by your university/school.  

The graduation statement must include the following: 

  • Details of your program of study 
  • Level of your degree 
  • Confirmation that you've met all the requirements for graduation 
  • The date your diploma will be issued 
  • Your university's/school's stamp 
  • A signature of an employee who is empowered to issue such a statement at your university/school 

Please note that if you are admitted to Tilburg University based on a graduation statement, you must still submit a certified hard copy of your diploma/diploma supplement as soon as you receive it.