Tilburg University's main aim is to provide top-level academic education with a mix of classic and modern programs. Educational programs at Dutch universities are regularly assessed in national quality review procedures, in which our programs are rated as excellent. According to the National Student Survey (NSE), Tilburg University was the best general university of the Netherlands in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Download a personalized brochure, with information on:
- Program content and admission requirements
- Housing, immigration matters, student life in Tilburg
- An impression of the career prospects
The business programs of the School of Economics and Management have been accredited by the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Tilburg University is therefore proud to be distinguished as one of the very select group of European institutions to acquire AACSB accreditation.
Knowledge, skills, and character
As a student you need sufficient time and attention to find out which path in life is right for you. To support you with that, Tilburg University offers you support and a nurturing environment. Our educational profile has three pillars: profound knowledge, professional skills, and personal development (= character). We believe that with these 3 pillars you will be fully prepared to deal with and handle complex problems in a changing society. We aim for our graduates to become academic specialists in their fields, guided by a finely tuned moral compass.
Concerned citizens, living and working by values like solidarity, empathy, the human dimension, and a sustainable world. Critical Thinkers who aspire to making the world a better place. Thinkers of Character.
Tight learning community
Thresholds at Tilburg University are low. We like you to have a great deal of contact with fellow students, teachers and the program team. Ours is a compact university with classes that are taught in small groups whenever possible or feasible. Students and teachers constitute a learning community in which active participation and strong commitment to and in classes is of paramount importance.
Top-level academic education
In national and international quality review procedures our education and research programs are rated as excellent.
Tilburg University is, for example:
- Best general university of the Netherlands in the Keuzegids Masters 2017 and 2016
- #6 in Business Administration worldwide – Shanghai ARWU Ranking 2018
- #18 worldwide in Economics and Business - US News Best Global Universities 2018
- Top 50 worldwide in Business & Economics, Law, and Psychology - Times Higher Education Subject Ranking 2019
- Top 100 worldwide in Economics & Econometrics, Accounting & Finance, Business & Management, Law & Legal Studies, and Psychology - QS University Rankings 2019