Application and admission Finance - national procedure
This is the national application and admission procedure for the Master of Science in Finance.
a) Check your eligibility
Students of Tilburg University
The following TiSEM Bachelor's make you eligible to the Master's program in Finance:
- Economie en Bedrijfseconomie
- Fiscale Economie, including the (extra) course: 323624 Data Analyse
- International Business Administration
- Economics, including the (extra) course: 30J201-B-6 Corporate Finance or 323622-B-6 Ondernemingsfinanciering en Vermogensmarkten.
The following TiSEM Bachelor's might grant you access after individual assessment:
- Econometrie & Operationele Research
- Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation
You can schedule an appointment for an individual assessment with the education coordinator.
Check the Overview Admission for TiSEM Bachelors for the specific entry requirements to each Master's program.
Bachelor’s students from other Tilburg University schools
In some cases there is a possibility for students of other Tilburg University Schools to be admitted to the Master’s program in Finance. Via a tailor made deficiency program during your Bachelor’s program, or through an academic pre-Master’s program (of max 30 ECTS). To give you an indication of your eligibility for a pre-Master’s program / deficiency program, please read the requirements (in background/ knowledge) under ‘Students of other Dutch universities’. Note that this is just indicative.
Contact the education coordinator of the Master’s program in Finance for more information about your possibilities via email@example.com.
Students of other Dutch universities
You must have a solid academic basis in the following areas in order to qualify for the Master's in Finance program:
- Mathematics and Statistics (24 ECTS)
- Economics, including Microeconomics (18 ECTS)
- Accounting (12 ECTS)
- Finance (12 ECTS)
- Academic training (24 ECTS)
Academic training means courses / experience in research skills and an academic way of working. E.g. if you have written a thesis or have done a research project this will count as academic training.
The requirements mentioned above are indicative.
The final assessment lies with the Admissions Committee, for which they need the transcript(s) of your Bachelor’s program and relevant course descriptions of courses in the fields mentioned above. See under c), Step 2: Continue your application in our online application system below on this page.
Students of a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo)
Students with a Bachelor's degree from a university of applied sciences (hbo) in the Netherlands are required to complete the pre-Master's program Finance prior to entering the Master's program.
Students have been admitted to the pre-Master's program with the following Dutch hbo Bachelor's:
- Business Economics (Bedrijfseconomie)
- Financial Services Management
- Finance and Control
- Finance Tax & Advice
- International Business
- Lerarenopleiding economie 2e graads
You can get an indication of your eligibility to all TiSEM pre-Master's in the overview eligibility hbo to pre-Master's programs.
b) Consider the deadlines
When applying for this program, please make sure that your application package, including all necessary documents, reaches us before the deadline that applies to you.
Starting end of August
- Deadline for application for the Master's program: before August 1
- Deadline for application for the pre-Master's program: before August 1
c) Follow the procedure for national applicants
Step 1: Register in Studielink
We advise you to register in Studielink as soon as possible. Studielink opens on October 1st.
You do not need to indicate your preferred track at the time of application. You can make your choice at the start of the study program.
For applicants with a degree of Tilburg University or another Dutch university:
- The name of this Master's program in Studielink:
M Finance (croho: 60046)
For applicants with a degree of a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo):
- The name of the pre-Master's program in Studielink:
Please choose ‘Bachelor’s or other non master programmes’ and the B Business Economics (hbo pre-master Finance)
Enter an e-mail address in Studielink that you use regularly. Tilburg University sends you important information at this address to complete your registration. Please read the documentation in the e-mail carefully and check your mailbox (and junk mail) regularly.
Step 2: Continue your application in our online application system
This step is not applicable for:
Students who are currently enrolled or have already completed a Bachelor's program at Tilburg University that makes them directly admissible for this Master’s program.
- See the tab “Students of Tilburg University” below the heading Check your eligibility at the top of this webpage for an overview of Bachelor’s programs that make you directly admissible.
- If you are directly admissible with your Bachelor's program, you only need to register in Studielink. Please continue to Step 3: Admissions Committee's decision.
In all other cases, you must continue your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld, our online application system, after you have registered in Studielink.
Application in OSIRIS Aanmeld
Within 1 week of your registration in Studielink, you will receive two e-mails from Tilburg University.
- One e-mail contains your Tilburg University account details (your student number and Tilburg University e-mail address). You will not need these details for your application, but please save them carefully, as you will need them at a later stage.
- The other e-mail contains your OSIRIS Aanmeld account details as well as information on how you can start your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld. If you have not received this e-mail within 1 week of your registration in Studielink, please contact your Education Coordinator.
Upload your documents
Please collect the requested documents and upload them in pdf-format.
- Grades list (Transcript of Records)
This is an official list from your University of the courses you have taken in your Bachelor's degree, with the grades you have achieved.
- Course list template MSc Finance (full descriptions of relevant courses)
This is a description of the content of each course you took as part of your previous degree which is relevant to your application for this program.
Depending on your exact educational background more documents might be required. You will see exactly which documents you need to upload once you have filled out the necessary details in Osiris Aanmeld.
Submit your application before the deadline as stated above
If you submit your application either close to or on the deadline, but have not uploaded the correct documents, Tilburg University reserves the right not to process your application.
After submitting your application
Our Admissions Committee will check that your application is complete, according to the requirements above.
If your documents are not complete, you will be asked to submit any missing or replace any illegible document(s).
You can check your application status anytime you log in to your account in OSIRIS Aanmeld.
Step 3: Admissions Committee's decision
Admissions Committee's decision
Within four to six weeks after your application package is complete, you will receive the decision of the Admissions Committee by e-mail.
You will receive an e-mail with a letter stating the outcome of your admission request and information about the rest of the admission procedure.
There are three possibilities:
- A. (Conditionally) accepted to the Master's program
If you are conditionally accepted, this means that you are admitted to our Master's program, provided that you upload the originals or certified copies of your documents.
- B. (Conditionally) accepted to a pre-Master's program
It is possible that you do not completely fulfill the requirements. If this is the case, we may offer you a pre-Master's program to prepare you for the Master's program, provided that you upload the originals or certified copies of your documents.
- C. Rejected
If you do not fulfill the admission requirements, your application will be rejected. We will notify you by e-mail.
Step 4: Admitted, what's next?
Congratulations on being admitted to Tilburg University, either conditionally or unconditionally!
You may be wondering what the next steps are. To ensure a smooth (and stress-free) start of your studies, we have prepared a timeline to give you an overview of the things you need to arrange before the start of your studies.
On the timeline you can find information about:
- Completing your enrollment
- Paying your tuition fees
- Tips on finding accommodation (if applicable)
- Books and schedule
- Introduction activities like TOP week and your (mandatory) Study Program Introduction
Do you have any questions?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website.