Webguide for Strategic Management and Supply Chain Management (TiSEM) universiteitsbibliotheek voor studenten
Specialized databases - news and business information
- Factiva: database of news and business information from 200 countries, in 26 languages – including newspapers, newswires from Dow Jones and Reuters, journals and magazines, company reports, websites, blogs, and multimedia.
LexisNexis: Dutch Companies (in Dutch only): Database with news and financial information on 2.5 million Dutch Companies.
- LexisNexis: Newspapers & Wires: full text articles of a large number of Dutch newspapers and journals, including national and regional newspapers, news magazines, and professional and financial publications
Financial Times: World business, finance and political news. An account is needed for full access. TiSEM staff and students can sign up for this.
Specialized databases - literature
- Business Source Elite (EBSCO): full text for over 1,000 business publications and economics journals, including nearly 500 peer-reviewed publications and more than 10,100 substantial company profiles from MarketLine.
- IMF eLibrary: access to IMF’s periodicals, books, working papers and studies. The topics covered include macroeconomics, globalization, development, trade and aid, technical assistance, demographics, emerging markets, policy advice, and poverty reduction.
Eldis: access to research on international development issues with full text documents on development policy (such as finance, trade, governance), practice and research, and country profiles.
EconPapers: access to RePEc, the largest collection of on-line Economics working papers, journal articles and software. Contains bibliographic information and abstracts of publications. Partly full text.
EconLit: database including journal articles, books, book reviews, dissertations and working papers on economics since 1969.
Computing and Mathemetics
- ACM Portal: access to the ACM journal and newsletter articles and conference proceedings, and to the ACM Guide to Computing Literature (citations and abstracts of works published by ACM and other publishers).
- Citeseer: digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on scientific literature in computer and information science.
- IEEE Computer Society Digital Library: access to magazines, transactions and more than 4,100 conference publications of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Zentralblatt MATH: TH is a bibliographic database of articles in pure and applied mathematics from more than 2300 Journals and Serials.
General databases - literature
- Catalog (WorldCat Local): references to the entire physical collection of Tilburg University, to publications available outside of Tilburg University and to a large part of the electronic collection: journal articles, books, book chapters, (student)thesis, conference and research papers.
- A-Z list Tilburg University: journals (paper and digital) in the Tilburg University library collection
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
Full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals in all subject fields, partly searchable at article level.
- Journal Citation Reports (JCR):
The database offers quantitative data based on citations from over 8400 scientific publications.
- JSTOR: full text archive of scholarly journals in 15 disciplines. Recent volumes (2 to 5 years old) are not included.
- SpringerLink: offers more than 1,200 journals full text from the publishers Springer, Kluwer Academic, Brill, and Maik Nauta. Only a limited number of books are available full text.
- Web of Science: bibliographic information of approximately 8,500 international research journals starting in 1988 (multidisciplinary) and access to ISI Citation Indexes
Science Direct: contains journal articles from 2000 journals, mostly full text in all scientific disciplines (multidisciplinary).
Tilburg University Research Portal: titles of publications produced by researchers and employees of Tilburg University from about 1995. Contains references to different kinds of publications, including articles, dissertations, conference papers and reports. Partly full text.
- Searching for financial data (e.g. market, financial, company or economic data)? The library offers access to over 40 financial databases including Datastream, Factiva, SDC, ThomsonOne, SDC, Compustat, Orbis, and WRDS.
Data Lab provides a searchable list of all available financial databases. You can search titles, descriptions, and keywords. Data Lab offers also answers on frequently asked questions.
- For help with mathematics or statistics: check the Quantorium.
- Eurostat: direct access to the latest and most complete statistical information available on the European Union, the EU members, the euro-zone and other countries on the web site of the Statistical Office of the European Communities.
- ECB: money, banking, financial, government finance, balance of payments and other statistics from the European Central Bank.
- FAOSTAT: over 1 million time-series records covering international statistics in the areas of agriculture, fisheries, forestry and nutrition.
IMF: access to all statistical databases of the International Monetary Fund.
National Statistical Offices: overview of the websites of statistical offices per country provided by UNSTAT.
- OECD StatExtracts: data and metadata for OECD countries and selected non-member economies.
- Statline: database from Statistics Netherlands containing statistical data on the Netherlands.
- UNdata: access to a variety of statistical resources of UN member states including population, industry, energy, trade and national accounts.
- World Development Indicators (World Bank): database, produced by the World Bank, containing statistical data, from 1970 onwards, on the economic and social development of 223 countries.
For help with mathematics or statistics: check the Quantorium.
- RefCite: online course on using and referencing sources and avoiding plagiarism
- Citing Sources: information on how to cite sources and citation style, such as the APA-style.
- Reference managers: to collect and manage references and for compiling reference lists bibliographies, you can use a reference manager. There are a lot of different reference managers systems, some freely available on the internet. The reference manager that you can use as a Tilburg University student is Endnote (Web).
Support, Tools and library services
Writing and information skills
- At the Scriptorium you can find everything about writing and information skills. The website offers a wide range of tips and tricks, tools, tutorials, links to courses and you can make an appointment for personal counseling.
- Publishing your thesis procedures for students per faculty for publishing a digital version of the thesis to the library database.
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
Online tutorials on information literacy
- Searching for scholarly information inspecialized database. Tutorial on how to locate the most important subject-oriented databases for your program.
- Tackling Information Problems: Becoming Information Literate (TIP module). How to become information literate? This tutorial contains a detailed explanation of the various steps in the process of searching for scholarly information.
- Interlibrary Loan: ordering books and scans of journal articles from other libraries