In recent years many TiSEM reseachers have received awards, grants and nominations in recognition of their outstanding contribution to scientific research.
Bart BronnenbergProfessor of Marketing
Bart Bronnenberg has been appointed as an Academic Fellow at the prestigious Marketing Science Institute (MSI) in Boston, the highest honor at this institute.
Academic Fellows serve as advisors to MSI’s research efforts and represent the academic community to MSI’s business constituency. Their role is designed to help identify the elite academic experts in each of the core research domains and methodologies, in order to ensure that MSI research funding, publications, and content decisions are optimally informed.
Spyros AngelopoulosAssistant Professor of Information Management
Spyros Angelopoulos has been selected by Google as one of the Faculty Experts in the area of High Performance Computing. Faculty Experts – a cohort that includes only 30 top faculty worldwide - are chosen for their leadership in their field. In the past, Angelopoulos received also the Google Research and Microsoft Research Awards. He integrates his expertise in High Performance Computing into his research but also teaching.
Anne-Wil HarzingFull Professor Tilburg Institute of Governance
Willem BuijinkEmeritus Professor of Business Economics
Sylvester EijffingerFull Professor Department of Economics
Koen PetersPhD candidate and Consultant World Food Programme
Rik PietersFull Professor Department of Marketing
Hannes DattaAssociate Professor Department of Marketing
Marleen BalvertAssistant Professor Department of Econometrics and Operations Research
- Aart de Zeeuw received the 2018 European Lifetime Achievement Award in Environmental Economics.
- Marnik Dekimpe has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the Faculty of Business Administration of the University of Hamburg.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (ITN) grant awarded to Etienne de Klerk and Monique Laurent
- Jorgo Goossens awarded NWO Industrial Doctorate
- Monique Laurent elected as a member of Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Grant ANITA project awarded to Willem-Jan van den Heuvel on criminal activity on alternative internet locations
- Elisabeth Kempf wins KVS medal for best PhD thesis in economics
- Prof. Arie Kapteyn awarded with Pierson Penning
- Marnik Dekimpe receives AMA en EMA Lifetime Achievement Awards
Marnik Dekimpe was the recipient of the AMA Marketing Strategy SIG 2017 Mahajan Award for Lifetime Contributions to Marketing Strategy Research, and in 2016, he won the EMAC Distinguished Marketing Scholar Award, a life-time achievement award granted by the European Marketing Academy.