Admission & application PhD in Business
Interested to join an exciting academic environment of top researchers? CentER Graduate School welcomes applicants who meet the following admission requirements.
- An academic Master’s or MPhil/Research Master’s degree in business studies, economics, econometrics, operations research or another relevant field that is deemed an equivalent to the previous education profile.
- Completed the previous degree with an excellent GPA.
- A solid quantitative background, to be proven in one of the following ways:
- candidates with a MSc or MPhil degree from a Research University in the European Union need to have at least 24 ECTS credits in quantitative and research methods courses during their BSc and/or MSc or MPhil programs. If this is not the case, but you would still like to be considered for admission, you are welcome to hand in a GRE or GMAT test score to show your quantitative competences.
- candidates with a MSc or MPhil degree from a university outside the European Union: please provide a recent GRE or GMAT test score.
- Proficiency in English, to be proven by means of an IELTS score of at least 7.0 (no sub-scores below 6.5), a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet based) or 600 (paper based), or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE, at least B) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Exemptions can be provided to native speakers and candidates who have obtained their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in English in the European Union, Canada, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
Apart from these formal requirements, candidates also have to provide the following documents supporting their application:
- A letter of motivation, including research area/topics of interest
- A curriculum vitae
- At least two reference letters including the contact details of the referees
- Samples of written work, e.g. a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis, if available in English
- Course list and grades of your BSc and MSc programs
Available PhD positions
CentER Graduate School announces any available PhD positions on this website and other relevant channels in the field (e.g. SSRN, academic transfer).