PhD in Business program track Marketing
The marketing group at Tilburg conducts academic research at a world class level in all three areas of marketing: Quantitative Modelling, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Strategy.
Description of the research field and topics
The marketing group at Tilburg conducts academic research at a world class level. Our aim as a department is to excel in all three areas of marketing: Quantitative Modelling, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Strategy. Independent evaluations, UTD rankings, and our track record in top marketing journals all testify to the high quality of our work. Our faculty members each have their specializations, and cover the wide field of marketing from retailing to online behavior, from branding to media effects, and from (social) perception to decision making.
We have a small group of PhD students (typically 1 to 3 that start each year), that are an integral part of our department. They follow excellent courses taught by our faculty, are supervised by our research faculty, and take part in lab group meetings, seminars etc. Our top students often join international selective meetings like the AMA-Sheth doctoral consortium. If interested, students can also select coursework taught by world-class scholars from other relevant areas (such as psychology for CB, management for marketing strategy, or econometrics for modelling).
Academic Placement (all assistant professors)
- University of Amsterdam, NL - 2020
- University of New South Wales, Australia- 2020
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, NL -2018
- University of Amsterdam, NL – 2018
- Massey University, New Zealand - 2017
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, U.S. – 2017
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China - 2015
- University of Rochester, U.S. - 2015
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL – 2014
- Penn State University, U.S. – 2013
- ABN AMRO - Data scientist - 2021
- Deloitte - Data scientist – 2017
- Dutch National Bank (DNB) – Cash Policy department – 2017