CentER Graduate School for Economics and Business
CentER Graduate School offers various research-focussed programs to graduates and professionals in the fields of business and economics.
By joining the Graduate School, you will join many others who have made CentER their academic home. Since its inception in 1992, over 600 CentER students have successfully completed their PhD studies.
Why choose our graduate programs?
- Your CentER qualification is recognized worldwide, because we are ranked as one of the top universities in the world.
- You will study with scholars from all around the globe.
- Courses, workshops and seminars taught in small groups by CentER fellows and visitors from international institutes.
- You will be well prepared for the international job market, in business and economics.
- You will have access to our state-of-the-art research facilities, databases, CentERlab, and our modern Tilburg University Library.
Please note that the Graduate School also has its own scholarship program for Research Master’s students in economics. PhD candidates are employees of Tilburg University and receive a salary.
At the Graduate School, we are here to help you find the right program.
Fulltime PhD/Research Master's programs for recent graduates
CentER offers two fulltime graduate programs: a PhD in business and a Research Master’s + PhD in economics. The PhD in Business is a four/five year PhD program with course work in the first year (entry only with a Master’s degree). The Research Master’s + PhD in Economics is a five-year combined program where candidates start in the Research Master and follow and intensife course program and upon successful completion have the chance to continue in a three year PhD program. After finishing your graduate studies, you will be well prepared for an academic position at any top university in the world or research-oriented position at large (international) organizations.
Parttime PhD Program for Professionals (midcareer)
Are you an experienced professional from the business, banking, or government sector? Are you looking for a new challenge in your professional career development? Then our Parttime PhD Program for Professionals may be just what you are looking for. Our program provides you with a framework that enables you to take doctoral courses and write a doctoral thesis on a part-time basis. In this way, CentER Graduate School can help you achieve your professional ambition.