Visitors program Babylon
Babylon offers scholars from abroad the opportunity to visit the center for a short stay aimed at carrying out research and/or teaching activities.
The Visitors Program is open to PhD candidates, (postdoc) research fellows and academic staff with tenure positions from both within and outside European Union countries.
Costs for work-related expenses (workplace, computer, telephone and copying facilities) will be covered. Travelling expenses, accommodation and salary are not paid for; these must be arranged by the visitor him/herself.
- The candidate's research interests and activities during the visit are in line with focal areas and competences.
- The candidate's work is of high quality, as indicated by his/her scientific past performance.
- The candidate must be prepared to give a seminar and/or a talk for members of the research group.
- Existing or intended research cooperation with a Babylon staff or affiliated member increases the likelihood of obtaining funding. However, this cooperation is not a prerequisite.
- The candidate can either be invited by a Babylon staff member or submit a proposal of his/her own to a Babylon staff member. This Babylon staff member will act as intermediary/host during the visitor's stay.
- The intermediary will send an application form to the director of Babylon. The application form should come together the candidate's letter of intent and CV including the candidate's publications list. The letter of intent must consist of a description of the activities to be undertaken at the centre, the duration of the visit and a supportive statement (max. 500 words) explaining how the centre could benefit from it.
- The intermediary/host will inform the candidate on the application result shortly after.
dr. M. Spotti
Room D 219
Phone +31 13 466 2258