Over the last three decades, interest in the history of international law has dramatically risen among scholars from various constituencies such as international law, international relations, legal history and diplomatic history.
Courses on the curriculum
I-HILT is responsible for teaching several classes on the subject of the history of international law and relations, next to other legal history subjects. At present there are five relevant courses on the curriculum of Tilburg Law School
- History of International Law, a mandatory course for the 1st year of the LL.B. Global Law
- Global Legal History, a mandatory course for the 1st year of the LL.B. Global Law
- International Legal History, a mandatory course for the 3rd year of the LL.B. International and European Law
- History and Theory of International Law, a mandatory course for the students of the LL.M. International and European Law, track International Law and Global Governance
- International Security in Historical Perspective, an optional course at the master level.
I-HILT organizes a series of lectures on the history of international law at the Tilburg Law School.
The current program will be added.