About i-HILT Institute
i-HILT, Institute for the History of International Law@Tilburg is a group of researchers from the Department of Public Law and Governance at Tilburg Law School, the Netherlands.
The group is responsible for teaching several classes on the subject of the history of international law and relations, next to other legal history subjects. At present there are five relevant courses on the curriculum of Tilburg Law School
- History of International Law, a mandatory course for the 1st year of the LL.B. Global Law
- Global Legal History, a mandatory course for the 1st year of the LL.B. Global Law
- International Legal History, a mandatory course for the 3rd year of the LL.B. International and European Law
- History and Theory of International Law, a mandatory course for the students of the LL.M. International and European Law, track International Law and Global Governance
- International Security in Historical Perspective, an optional course at the master level.
Members of the group participate in the research program 'Global Law and Governance’ of the Department of Global Law and Governance at Tilburg Law School.
Members of this group are also involved in the project Coherence in Law Through Legal Scholarship (CLLS)-ERC Starting Grant on early modern legal writings on collateral rights (security interests).
|Professor Randall Lesaffer||Professor of Legal History|
|Professor Em. Beatrix van Erp-Jacobs||Professor Em. of Dutch Legal History|
|Dr. Dave De ruysscher||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Gert-Jan Leenknegt||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Erik-Jan Broers||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Geetanjali Srikantan||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Inge van Hulle||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Phillip Paiement||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Ilya Kotlyar||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Maurits den Hollander||PhD Fellow|
|Remko J. Mooi||PhD Fellow|
|Marta Lupi||PhD Fellow|
|Ana Delic||PhD Fellow|
|Jin Nho||PhD Fellow|
|C.S.M. Müller||PhD Fellow|
|Stefano Cattelan||Visiting Scholar|