Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC)
TILEC supports and stimulates academic research on the governance of economic activity. It fosters academically path breaking and practically relevant research and aims to be a leading center worldwide.
LTMS awarded funding for 6 year research program, new vacancies
LTMS has received a significant research grant from the ministry of Education in the context of the Sectorplan Rechtsgeleerdheid, which provides a large stimulus to boost legal research in the Netherlands. All Dutch law schools are on board on one or two of the research themes outlined in the sectorplan. LTMS has produced a plan for the theme 'Digital Legal Studies' entitled 'From Regulating Human Behavior to Regulating Data'. The program involves 9 sub-projects to be run by 4 PhD students, 5 PostDocs (each for 2 years) and matching from existing senior staff.
Information about past event on 13 June 2019: The European Copyright Roundtable
On 13th of June, Dr. Martin Husovec (Tilburg University, TILT/TILEC) together with Professor Martin Kretschmer (University of Glasgow, CREATe) organized the first of the series of the European Copyright Roundtables in Brussels. Organizers designed the Roundtable as a high-level expert event targeting the representatives of the Member States in order to discuss the future implementation of the EU’s 2019 Copyright Reform.
Lecturer Law, Technology, Markets and Society (1.0 FTE - 1 year)
The Department of Law, Technology, Markets and Society (LTMS) – home of TILT and TILEC has a vacancy for a Lecturer (1.0 FTE, 1 year). We are looking for someone who can make a vital contribution to the quality of teaching and learning, and support the teaching staff with several tasks closely related to TILT’s educational activities.
TILEC: Florian Schuett and Panagiotis Delimatsis TILEC is a Center of Excellence delivering first-rate interdisciplinary research on the governance of economic activity. Optimal market design lies at the core of our research, whereas the interdisciplinary method is the unique feature of our Center. Both Dutch and international companies and State regulators have entrusted to TILEC pressing questions that they were unable to answer in-house. Nowadays, TILEC is a vibrant center with over 50 committed members. In 2018, TILEC celebrates its 15th anniversary and is moving decisively towards its vision, that is, to be recognized as a global leader in the interdisciplinary research of economic governance. Check for yourself by scrolling through our website!
- Sauter, W., & Langer, J. (2017). The consistency requirement in EU law, Columbia Journal of European Law, 20(3), 39-74.
- Bernal Lobato, N., Carpio, M. A., & Klein, T. (2017). The effects of access to health insurance: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design in Peru. Journal of Public Economics, 154, 122-136.
- Boone, J., & Schottmuller, C. (2017). Health insurance without single crossing: Why healthy people have high coverage, Economic Journal, 127(599), 84-105.
- Delimatsis, P. (2017). The evolution of the EU external trade policy in services - CETA, TTIP and TiSA after Brexit, 20:3, Journal of International Economic Law, p.p. 583-625.
- Suren Gomstsian, Branislav Hock, Annemarie Balvert and Oguz Kiman. Between the green pitch and the red tape: The private legal order of FIFA, Yale Journal of International Law, 2018, 43(1), 86-113 and TILEC DP 2017-003.