TiREG contributes to existing educational activities at Tilburg University in the area of regional law and governance. It has the ambition to develop new courses and programs, both for bachelor and master students and for practitioners, as well as PhD candidates and professionals.
Bachelor and Master programs
TiREG is involved in teaching the following courses in Bachelor and Master programs at Tilburg University:
- Bachelor: Local and Regional Governance
- Bachelor: European Governance
- Bachelor: Transboundary and Multilevel Governance
- Master: Governance Clinic
Master thesis lab
TiREG offers motivated students the opportunity to write their master thesis under the guidance of a TiREG affiliate in our master thesis lab. Contact us to receive supervision from one of our affiliates, and to hear what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
For inspiration, check out the list of research projects that gives an impression of the type and scope of research currently conducted at TiREG. Possible master thesis topics include:
- Effectiveness and legitimacy of inter-municipal cooperation at the regional level
- The entrepreneurial region: the role of the region in fostering economic development and growth and spurring innovation processes
- Hybridity in city-regional governance: learning from innovations across borders and across policy domains
- Multi-level governance to mitigate climate change and accelerate the energy transition: bottom-up initiatives and the democratization of the energy sector
- Smart collaborative governance in the fight against organized crime
- Social inequality, left-behind regions and implications for governance
- Implementation of the new environmental planning law (Omgevingswet) at the regional level
- Cross-border regional collaboration in the European Union
These topics are formulated broadly and will thus have to be narrowed down in order to arrive at a topic that is suitable for master thesis research.
TiREG offers talented researchers the possibility to pursue a PhD degree as an (external) PhD candidate. We frequently advertise available positions online (through academic transfer), but you may also contact us with your ideas and plans for PhD research.
For inspiration, check out the list of research projects that gives an impression of the type and scope of research currently conducted at TiREG or see the list of topics above.
These topics are formulated broadly and will thus have to be narrowed down in order to arrive at a topic that is suitable for PhD thesis research.
Executive education programs
Through its affiliated researchers the Center is active in several executive education programs. These programs help establish learning communities on topics and themes in relation to regional law and governance.