Ethics Review Board Social and Behavioral Sciences
The Ethics Review Board (ERB) of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences of Tilburg University is a permanent and independent committee, established by the School’s management team to test scientific and ethical aspects of proposals for research projects, not subjected to the Dutch Medical Research in Human Subjects Act (WMO).
To this end the ERB refers to the Dutch Ethics Code for research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences involving human subjects.
We are currently receiving a lot of requests. As a result, it may take longer before you receive a response from us.
Recommended background literature
- EC Guidance document for the Social Sciences
- Code of Ethics for Psychologists 2015 (NIP)
- Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects
- Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
Complaint Procedure / Klachtenprocedure
In case of complaints regarding any aspect of being included or excluded in a study that has been reviewed by the Ethics Review Board (ERB), participants can contact the Chair of the ERB: Dr. Carlo Garofalo.
Composition Ethics Review Board
The Ethics Review Board consists of a Chair and a representative of each of the nine departments:
- Dr. Carlo Garofalo (Chair)
- Dr. Olga Stavrova (Deputy Chair)
- Prof. dr. Hedwig van Bakel
- Dr. Sasa Batistič
- Dr. Kim De Roover
- Dr. Loek Halman
- Dr. Esther Hartman
- Thijs van Laarhoven MSc.
- Dr. Nikolas Rathert
The ERB members are appointed by the Dean.