Ethics Review Board Social and Behavioral Sciences
The Ethics Review Board (ERB) of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences of Tilburg University is a permanent and independent committee, established by the School’s management team to test scientific and ethical aspects of proposals for research projects, not subjected to the Dutch Medical Research in Human Subjects Act (WMO).
To this end the ERB refers to the Dutch Ethics Code for research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences involving human subjects.
Note: Due to the Carnival holiday (24-28 February) it may take longer for your application to be processed.
Recommended background literature
- EC Guidance document for the Social Sciences
- Code of Ethics for Psychologists 2015 (NIP)
- Declaration of Helsinki – Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects
- Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
Complaint Procedure / Klachtenprocedure
In case of complaints regarding any aspect of being included or excluded in a study that has been reviewed by the Ethics Review Board (ERB), participants can contact the chair of the ERB: Dr. Jolanda Mathijssen at email@example.com
Composition Ethics Review Board
The Ethics Review Board consists of a Chair and a representative of each of the nine departments:
- Dr. Jolanda Mathijssen (Chair),
- Prof. dr. Hedwig van Bakel,
- Dr. Marjan Bakker,
- Dr. Wouter De Baene,
- Dr. Carlo Garofalo,
- Dr. Loek Halman,
- Dr. Esther Hartman,
- Dr. Nicoleta Meslec,
- Dr. Olga Stavrova, and
- Prof. dr. Marianne van Woerkom.
The ERB members are appointed by the Dean. You can find the ERB regulations here.