I am an organizational researcher and team player with project management experience. I thrive under pressure while aiming for quality and realistic expectations. I have an interest in two areas: 1) creative measurement approaches for personnel recruitment, selection, and assessment and 2) the engagement of volunteer workers. I like to learn new things, explore opportunities with a positive attitude, and value relationships over anything else.
After working as a personnel selection and assessment consultant for NOA bv I completed my PhD in 2016. In my PhD I studied the assessment of contextualized personality and vocational interests. Directly after completing my PhD I moved to Australia where I worked as a postdoctoral researcher on a large volunteer recruitment and engagement project for four years. Please see my LinkedIn page for a detailed resume.
Some key words that define my research area:
- Personnel recruitment and selection
- Personality measurement
- Vocational interests
- Volunteer engagement
- Applicant reactions
- Asynchronous Video Interviews (recent area)
- Leadership and Organization (Work and Organizational Psychology Master)
- Diversity and Inclusion at Work (Psychology Undergraduate)
- PhD, MSc, and BSc student supervision
Throughout the years I have been fortunate to collaborate with many organizations, such as:
- The Department of Fire and Emergency Services in Western Australia
- Scouts Australia
- Applied university (Hogeschool) Rotterdam, InHolland, and Windesheim
- NOA bv
- Thio Pharma
- Other organizations that are interested in personnel recruitment and selection issues
If you have questions about personnel selection or recruitment, I am always interested in discussing ways to work together. Please feel free to contact me.