Registration Master's program with a non-Dutch prior education
The information on this webpage applies to students who wish to apply for a Tilburg University Master's program on the basis of a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution.
Please make sure you follow the correct procedure
- Follow the steps below if you are applying with a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution (including institutions in Belgium or the Dutch Caribbean) and:
- are applying for a Tilburg University Master's program for the first time.
- are rejoining the same Master's program after a break.
- If you want to register on the basis of a diploma from a Dutch educational institution, you must follow the national application procedure.
- If you want to continue your current Master's program in the upcoming academic year, you must follow the procedure for re-enrollment.
Remember the deadline
The application deadline for most Master's programs is:
- Starting end of August: June 1 for EEA nationals and April 1 for non-EEA nationals
- Starting end of January: December 1 for EEA nationals and October 1 for non-EEA nationals
Follow the procedure for international applicants
For a step-by-step guide through the application process, please watch our video How to apply for a Master's program as an international student (12:32).
Step 1: Prepare your application documents
Prepare your application documents
During the application process, you must upload a number of documents as pdf in our online application system, so our International Admissions Coordinators can verify your educational background, motivation, and identity.
The documents you must upload differ per program. Therefore we advise you to look at the admission requirements and procedure of the specific Master's program(s) you want to apply for. More detailed information is provided there.
Step 2: Register in Studielink
Register in Studielink
You must register in Studielink, the Dutch national registration system for higher education, including the information below. Please do so correctly or we will not be able to process your application.
- Make sure that you register for the correct program.
- Add your personal details(including your full name) as stated in your passport.
- Enter an e-mail address that you use regularly. Tilburg University will send you important information via this e-mail address, so please check it regularly.
- For instructions on how to register via Studielink, please watch our video How to register in Studielink and read the Studielink Manual.
Please note: you must follow the application procedure in the next step to be considered for admission. Registration in Studielink only is not sufficient.
Step 3: Continue your application in our online application system
After you have registered in Studielink, you must continue your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld, our online application system.
Within 48 hours of your registration in Studielink, you will receive two e-mails from Tilburg University. Please also check your spam/junk inbox.
- One e-mail contains your OSIRIS Aanmeld account details as well as information on how you can start your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld. If you have not received this e-mail within 48 hours of your registration in Studielink, please first check if you have completed the details of your prior education correctly. If you have not received this email after correction, please contact email@example.com.
- The other e-mail contains your Tilburg University account details (your student number and Tilburg University e-mail address). You will not need these details for your application, but please save them carefully, as you will need them at a later stage.
For instructions on how to apply via OSIRIS Aanmeld, please watch our video How to apply for a Master in OSIRIS Aanmeld (07:06).
Some tips for your application:
- In OSIRIS Aanmeld, the name of the application process in the Type column is "Application pre-Master + Master" for all applicants. This is independent of the type of program you have registered for in Studielink.
- If you want to upload a document with more than one page, scan each page of the document into one PDF.
- You do not have to complete your application in one go. You can save your application and return to it later.
Submit your application before the deadline as stated above
If you submit your application either close to or on the deadline, but have not uploaded the correct documents, Tilburg University reserves the right not to process your application.
After submitting your application
Our International Admissions Coordinator will check that your application is complete, according to the requirements above.
You can check your application status anytime you log in to your account in OSIRIS Aanmeld.
Step 4: Outcome of the admissions process
When your application is complete, it will be assessed to determine whether your academic background meets our admission requirements, based on your application documents.
Usually within four to six weeks of the start of this process, you will receive the Admissions Committee's decision by e-mail.
Below are the possible outcomes of your application.
Admission to the Master's program
This means that you have been admitted directly to the Master’s program for which you have applied.
- Your admission may be conditional upon, e.g., your graduation from your current program and/or meeting the English proficiency requirements. The conditional admission letter will state what you need to do to turn your conditional admission into unconditional admission. Please read it carefully and contact your International Admissions Coordinator if you have any questions.
- After you have met all the conditions of admission, you will receive your unconditional admission letter via e-mail.
Admission to a pre-Master's program (if available)
This means that your application was considered for admission to the Master’s program, but the Admissions Committee felt that your academic background was not sufficient to start the Master’s program directly. HOWEVER, it is considered that a pre-Master’s program would prepare you sufficiently to begin the Master’s program in the next intake, once you have successfully completed the pre-Master’s courses.
- If this is the case, your application for the Master’s program will be cancelled in Studielink and you must register in Studielink for the pre-Master’s program.
- As soon as you have registered in Studielink, you will be asked to apply again via OSIRIS Aanmeld. You must only upload the admission letter you received, confirming our offer of admission to the pre-Master’s program. You will not have to upload any other documents again.
This means that the Admissions Committee considers your academic background to be unsuitable for admission to either our Master's or pre-Master's program. Your registration in Studielink will be cancelled.
Step 5: Admitted, what's next?
Congratulations on being admitted to Tilburg University, either conditionally or unconditionally!
You may be wondering what the next steps are. To ensure a smooth (and stress-free) start of your studies, we have prepared a timeline to give you an overview of the things you need to arrange and to guide you through the process of becoming a Tilburg University student.
On the timeline you can find information about:
Completing your enrollment
Paying your tuition fees
Arranging your insurances
Books and schedule
Introduction activities like TOP Week and your (mandatory) Study Program Introduction
Tilburg University complies with all the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) regarding all personal information included in the application process, including photocopies of passports/residence permits, etc. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Statement.