Awareness Week - (online) security & privacy
Are you using one of the ten most frequently used passwords? No time to check whether your computer, laptop, or smartphone is secure? During the Awareness Week from October 11 up to October 15 you get tips and tricks to help secure your online learning environment.
On Monday, October 11 and Tuesday, October 12, employees from Library & IT Services are handing out privacy kits to draw attention to online safety and privacy. They are standing by at Goossens Building. The kit includes a USB data protector, a webcam blocker and an audio jack blocker. The USB data protector prevents unintended data exchange when connecting your mobile device to the computer or public charging station. The webcam blocker allows you to block the webcam. With audio jack blocker you prevent third parties from eavesdropping on conversations.
Topics Awareness Week
During Awareness Week, learn more about:
- Securing your home network
- Sharing & storing data safely
- And get more tips for working safely from home and on campus!
From October 11 through 15, check out the Student Portal.
We have more tips for you!
- Turn on your VPN connection and safely access services and servers.
- Stay current on software updates and patches. Updates help patch security flaws and help to protect your data.
- Be on the alert for phishing. Check links and attachments in e-mails, Whatsapp and SMS before you click or respond.