Working or doing an internship abroad
Is The Netherlands too small for you? Then why not pack your bags and head for work or an internship abroad. Do make sure that you are well informed, though! There are a number of sites on which you can find all the information you need to work abroad. Information on living, housing and working conditions, but also on subjects such as taxation, insurance law, pension provisions and much more.
If you take a job in another country, it is important that your Dutch educational certificates are recognized abroad. To check whether that is the case for your diploma, you can contact DUO/IB groep for Dutch students and for non-Dutch students.
Résumé / Curriculum Vitae (CV)
When you are applying for a job abroad, you should be cautious of the fact that different countries, require different information to be present on résumé. You should think of things like:
- Do they want to receive a résumé or a CV? (Find out the difference here!)
- Should you include a (professional) photo of yourself?
- In which order do they want certain information?
- Which personal information should you share?
- How many pages should it be?
This website shows you the examples and tips for a good CV in various countries.
Internships and Vacancies