Join our Student Crew
Would you like to inform and excite prospective students about your study program, Tilburg University and student life? Sign up for the Student Crew and become the face of our university during recruitment activities.
The Student Crew consists of a group of national and international students who represent Tilburg University during recruitment activities. The Student Crew plays an important role in the process prospective students go through when making their study choice. These are mainly students from the tenth grade. The recruitment activities take place throughout the entire year, but the peak periods occur in September/November and March/April. This means that the working hours vary per month, with an average of 1 to 5 hours a month. Thus, this job can be easily combined with your studies.
The Student Crew is coordinated by Team Events and is divided into two groups of students with different job descriptions
The Student Recruiter crew consists of roughly 40 passionate national and international students from all different study programs at Tilburg University. Student Recruiters assist with the realisation of both offline and online events such as Open days, Student-for-a-day events and various webinars. During these events, the Student Recruiters know how to excite and motivate prospective students about the university, its study programs and campus. Student Recruiters are characterised by their international mindset, proactive attitude and presentation skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Student Recruiter, you have a diverse job description and make sure that prospective students feel welcomed at Tilburg University. You interact with both prospective students and their parents. You inform and motivate them and answer any questions they might have about the process of making a study choice. You do so by painting an honest picture and sharing your passion for your study program and university with them. Your range of tasks varies from giving presentations and tours to welcoming visitors. Furthermore, there are various activities that focus entirely on international students such as housing and application webinars.
- You’re a Bachelor student, preferably in the second year of your program
- At the start of the job (January 2024) you (will) have obtained 60 ECTS
- You’re proactive and you have proper social and communication skills. You approach prospective students to have a chat with them and answer their questions.
- You enjoy public speaking and sharing your experience as a student at Tilburg University. There are times when you give an informative presentation and times when you give a campus tour.
- You’re flexible, act swiftly and adjust quickly. You know how to adapt to the different events that are offered and how to manage the different types of students and parents you come across.
- You assist with the realisation of offline and online events such as the Open day, Campus Experience days, Student-for-a-day events and various webinars.
- You’re available to work during, at least, the Open days and the Student-for-a-day events (check our Events calendar)
- You’re invited to start a versatile, flexible side job. Depending on the number of events taking place, you can indicate your own availability.
- Upon employment, you’re given an in-depth training to elevate your presentation skills!
- You gain a lot of work experience and are able to extend your Tilburg University network.
- You are given an annual contract and the hours you work are paid on a monthly basis.
Please note! We will start a new recruitment round for Student Recruiters in May 2024.
Event Crew Member
Would you like to help prospective students make the right choice of study, but only a few times a year? Become an Event Crew Member!
The Event Crew is easily accessible and consists of roughly 40 national and international students from all different study programs at Tilburg University. As an Event Crew Member, you work during, at least, the large recruitment activities such as the Open days and the Student-for-a-day events. Besides that, you work during other activities when necessary or take on further additional tasks.
You’re an ambassador of the university and promote its different study programs. You know how to excite and inform prospective students. You have a deep knowledge about the university, its study programs and Tilburg as a student city. You have social skills and enjoy helping prospective student make their choice of study.
The Event Crew is the right fit for you if you would like to help potential students in making their choice of study but want/can work only once in a while. The Event Crew is also suitable for students who have not obtained 60 ECTS yet. Additionally, it offers the possibility to start in an easily accessible position but advance to the Student Recruiter position later on.
You are paid every quarter, based on the hours you have worked.
Please note! In May 2024 we will start recruiting new Event Crew members for various study programs.
In case you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Master student and would you like to inform and excite prospective students about your study program and Tilburg University during the Master’s Open days (March 22)? Please contact us via email@example.com